1/20/22

Nature Flashback Friday - Arcata Marsh

In our final California Flashback, I thought 
we would visit my most favorite place to take a walk, Arcata Marsh! 
 
 
 
 This is the look I gave Mama earlier this week after a few days of cloudy/wet weather in a row. I have to say, going potty in the rain gets old real quick and for some reason Mama and Daddy have this "no potty in the house" policy they INSIST we stick to....
 
But I digress, when the sun came out on Tuesday I was thrilled when Mama suggested a Mama and Me hike at Arcata Marsh!
 
 
 It was a beautiful day, and the morning sun even made the browns look cheerful!!
 
 I have to admit, there was a spring in my step and flop to my ears as we hit the trail!
 
 
 As usual, the birds were amazing!!
From the ducks.....

 
 To the shorebirds!

 
Plus, we also had a very cool sighting of a...
 
 
Red tailed hawk!!! 
Looks like he had a rough 2020 too, doesn't it??
 
 These three ducks look pretty comfy as they enjoy nice nap in the sun don't they?

 
 The rains have fooled some of the flowers into blooming. I'm hoping this means we'll see an early Spring.
 
 
 But Mama says I shouldn't get too excited because most of the scenery still
 looks like Winter (Winter in California anyway BOL).
 

 Unfortunately, California Winters mean mud.

 
 As much as I enjoyed my morning walk through the Arcata Marsh....
 

 I don't know if I can say the same about the bath I got when we got home.
But being outside and feeling the sunshine on my furs as I hiked with Mama was totally worth it!!! 
 
We hope you get some sunshine in your part of Blogville this weekend!!
 ~~~~~~~~~~~
 Extra! Extra! 
We have arrived in New Mexico!
This is the backyard where we are
staying now. We can't wait to get back to visiting everyone next week!
 
 

Show us your nature! It can be flowers, your current weather, a scene out of your window, or maybe a picture from a vacation, walk or other journey! Any kind of nature picture will do! If you don't see a link below, click HERE  to go to our Hoppity Page.

19 comments:

  1. wonderful!!!! the mama misread the sign... she read SHEEP hump... it's really time for glasses right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail and I both love the pictures of Arcata Marsh, and are even more thrilled to learn that you have arrived safely in your new state (where we are thinking there may not be too much marshland, but stand to be corrected on this!)
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    That was a furbyoulush flashback, Rosy - and oh, my, that backyard is entirely different to your northy-north Cali one!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful nature walks and that hawk. Aren't they beautiful? Yes they are.

    I'm glad you're in New Mexico.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. Scritches all around and my best to your peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see lots of sunshine and no mud in your new back yard. YAY! don't forget to tell us what the temps are like there. You and Mama saw a lot of awesome sights while at the marsh. stunning photos and oh so beautiful. we don't care for rain here either, we need it so would welcome it but we don't like it. for the same reasons you don't. Hope New Mexico is welcoming you with open arms. watch out for snakes and tarantulas. I know 2 bloggers in NM and they do have those things

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great flash back and we're glad to see you arrived in New Mexico safely. We can't wait to hear more about your new (temporary) home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Niece Rosy darlin' I 100% agree with you muddy sticky water on the feets is the worst and OMDs don't even get me started on wet undercarriage. Have you considered litter box training?! MOL MOL MOL
    Hugs Aunty HiC

    ReplyDelete
  8. That does look like a really interesting place, even with the marsh mess sweet Rosy. I"m glad y'all arrived safely in NM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does my heart good to see these warm pictures in the cold northeast

    ReplyDelete
  10. We will miss all of your natural beauty in California but we're looking forward to the new nature that you discover in New Mexico and we are so happy that you have arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you are all safe in your new temporary place. Now your parents will have to find your real new house. Enjoy the new area.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo...glad you arrived in New Mexico safely! Your last walk through the marsh was pretty cool. Especially loved the 3 ducks together. It reinforced that old saying...getting one's ducks in a row. ��

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking forward to hearing all about your new home State. Glad you all arrived safely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the lovely nature flash back. We are so excited to hear about your new place and are so glad you made it safely! Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that marsh! I'm so glad that you've made it to NM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lulu: "Welcome to the Land of Enchantment! Looking forward to hearing about all the magic spells you run into there!"

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful walk Rosy!! Yay so glad ya'll have made it to your new home full of excting adventures.

    Down here in FL old man winter took a wrong turn and ended up here so we are freezing out butts off ;)

    xoxo,
    Matt & Matilda

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!