9/7/26

Travel Happy Tuesday - Walsenburg


While we were camping in Colorado, Mama and Daddy visited Walsenburg, a small town near the RV Park where we were staying. 

As you know the pawrents, especially Daddy, are big fans of trains. In fact, Daddy is putting together his first train set-up since he was a little boy. 

Walsenburg used to be a big coal mining town, and used trains to transport the coal.

The railroad tracks, along with buildings that lined the railroad tracks, made Walsenburg a great place for Daddy to walk around and get inspiration. 

Walsenburg has a mix of Native American, Spanish and Pioneer influences and gave Daddy lots of ideas for future train towns! 

Both this train station....

...and this cute caboose, were Mama's favorite train things!

Thank you for joining us on our little train tour around Walsenburg, Colorado.


We'll keep you updated on how Daddy's train set up is going!

We are joining Sandee at Comedy Plus for the 
Happy Tuesday Blog Hop this week! 

12 comments:

  1. that is a wonderful town and we love your fabulous hat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    Well, as another who enjoys all things train, I am excited for daddy and his project (which I hope you will show us when he lets you). This town looked to be the perfect inspiration! And don't you both look cute as cuddles in your railman's hat?! Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great town and we love the caboose too and your hats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The caboose is adorable! Mom loves model train set ups. She has seen some really fancy ones and I got to search in a big one last fall in Maine. It was on tables all around a room and I was searching under it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a fun place to visit. You two make a couple of cute train engineers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rosy and Sunny ~ sweet photos of you ~ you make such adorable engineers ~ fun place for Dad ~ trains (old fashioned ones are great!) ~ Hugs ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Java Bean: "Ayyy, is that caboose orange? Our Dada thinks it looks kind of orange ..."
    Lulu: "You are both adorable conductors! We don't know where your train is going, but we'll definitely be aboard when the whistle blows!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful adventure. Hubby and I would have enjoyed doing this.

    You're both so cute.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Scritches to the pups and my very best to their wonderful peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Nieces Rosy and Sunny...1st I love you poses and attire
    As you know Bryan/Daddy of Angel Madi is a huge train fan too. He thinks they are the cat's meow of a hobby too. I look forward to see your Daddy's set up.
    Thank you all for the wonderful post. I'll be sure Bryan sees it.
    Hugs AC

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was fun sweeties and you two are the prettiest Conductors ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trains are such fun, I'm glad your parents found this town and got to explore a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, we can't wait to see your Daddy's train depot. We love old trains. Looks like you all had a good time in Walsenburg. Hope you got to see good views of the Spanish Peaks while you were in the area.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!