3/30/22

Thankful for and From Jakey!

 
 
Hi everybody and welcome to my Barkday Part Two!!!
 Today, before we finish our through the year series, I want to thank all of you for your Birthday wishes. You sure know how to make a guy feel loved!!
Mama gave me the bestest gift too(besides the new humungous backyard we move into next Monday). She says I can go into "semi retirement"
and don't have to wear hats or clothes anymore! 
 
Now, let's look at the last few years of my birthday pictures!
 
 
 Here I am at 12, and another one of Mama's favorites!
I have always been a pretty good model. It isn't hard to gaze Mama's way when she has a nommy treat in her hand!
 
 
At Thirteen, Mama decided we should be wearing Birthday Hats on our birthday, I am not a big fan of Birthday hats because they tend to steal my ears!
 
BTW....Our hats are all hand made at Sand Dollar Dog Company, the same place we get all our bandanas!
 
 
Here, on my 14th birthday, is a perfect example of how my ears tend to disappear when I wear a Birthday hat...Look on the right side of the hat...
NO EAR!!!

  

At 15, Mama made sure no ears were hidden!
 
 
At 16, I finally got my own cake and a hat with my name on it. Mama ordered the cake from Brad's Barkery, and it was soooooo nommy!!
 
I'll say thanks again and leave you with the short video Mama made of us all enjoying my cake...I especially loved the canolli on top!!!

 
You can also watch it HERE on YouTube!
 
  
Thank you Brian for hosting the
Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

 

20 comments:

  1. Happiest of birthdays, Jakey!!! That sure looks like a yummilicious cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love the photos and we are so happy that all da birthdays were da bestest days ever... happy happy birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jakey,
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    You are AWESOME and Gail and I love your party time video.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.
    PS I hope Gail never makes me wear ear-stealing hats. Or any other type of hat for that matter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are now sweet 16 and as sweet and beautiful as you always were, Happy 16th Birthday. What a great guy you are to share your special cake with your sisters. now you can list Movie star on your resume.. you look cute with one ear or two ears or even no ears. YAY for semi retirment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Sixteen: kiss, kiss, kiss from June! (and no ears, one ear or two ears ... you are most
    handsome in hats!) Happy, happy Jakey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One more happy birthday to you! We don't mind wearing stuff, so I doubt we will ever catch a break on that. What is on top of your cake, is it more cake or a roll of something? It sure looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    Semi-retirement? The good bit about that to my unhidden ears, Jakey, is that there will still be payment for poses, albeit without trimmings!!! Enjoy every minute of this second official barkday and onward to the 17th!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your 12th birthday picture brought a big smile and awww out of our Mom. You and your sisters had good yummies to celebrate! We all wish you you a happy year into 17!! XOX Xena Lucy, Riley and Chia

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cake sure looked tasty! We're glad to hear you are free from hats and clothing now but we will miss it a bit because you always look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear 16 year old Nephew...OMCs what a present semi retirement and goodies galore!
    You always wear your bandanas and hats with such style
    Hugs Cecilia
    PS tell Momma I like her daffodil yellow nail polish!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jakey - I hope you will occasionally wear a hat - you look so dapper in them.
    So glad you had a fantastic 16th birthday. THat cake looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was a fun month celebrating your barkday and birthday. You're so handsome.

    Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Scritches all around and my best to your peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are such a sweet guy Jakey and congrats of the semi-retirement thing. Happy Birthday from us and thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, cannoli is a great way to celebrate Sweet 16. Your mama gave you a fine gift with no more hats. Enjoy the freedom to let your ears hang out any ole way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lulu: "Happy end of the birthday month, Jakey! Semi-retired, eh? So now you will be a Canis familiaris hatwearicus emeritus!"

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!