3/7/22

Happy Girl on Travel Tuesday


 A couple of weekends ago, Mama and Daddy took me on a little road trip to Old Town Albuquerque.
 
Albuquerque was founded in 1706 by Governor Francis Cuervo y Valdes and, before it became a big land of businesses and suburbs, it was a small town.
 

 In 1793, when the San Felipe de Neri Church was completed, people built their houses and businesses all around the Church. Today, Old Town is about a ten block area where, along with the church, there are restaurants, art studios and lots of shopping!
 
 
 We spent a lot of time walking around the church. Pretty impressive for being over 300 years old, don't you think? Actually, Mama says it was remodeled in 1817, but still!!
 
  
San Felipe de Neri is a working Catholic Church, along with a museum!
 
 
 After we finished looking at the Church, we walked around and looked at all the different art work! Of course, Daddy and I had to stop and
take an Ussie in front of some pretty flowers!
 
 
 There were lots of people made of metal in the
area too! Look at the funny looking band members on the roof! They must have been taking a break, I couldn't hear any of their music!
 
 
Then we saw this lady, along with her sister....
 
 
 
They must have recognized me from my Instagram Account and wanted a picture with me. They were pretty scary though, and I made Mama sit with us too!


 
 
 
Finally, we had made a circle around the town, and were at the Gazebo across the street from the Church. I bet they have fun festivals 
when things get a little warmer.
 
 
 
I had a great time in Old Town, and can't wait to come back!!
 
 
  
We are joining Sandee at  Comedy Plus for the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop this week!

 

 

13 comments:

  1. we love the tree! and we love your new place...it is full of history and we bet you will discover a lot of beautiful things there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rosy, what a fun place to visit. Thank you so much for showing us Old Albuquerque (did I spell that right?)
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    What a fun place and with some deep history too!!! Is it Albuquerque that you have your new home then? I think you are going to enjoy it every bit as much as you did Humboldt County! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Photos! wish I were there butt these are great so we can see what you saw.. the two sisters and you and mama are my favorite today, they are a little scary but so cute.you have landed in photographer paradise and Mama might soon need a new camera from over working hers..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking us along on your trip, Rosy. What a cool place to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Niece Rosy
    OMDs I am so thankful to be your Aunty for 87 reasons but especially for the #1 reason that you and your peeps take the bestest road trips and take me with you. I love NM architecture and all the vibrant colors and all 3 of your pictures
    Hugs Aunty Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for taking us along. How fun and I learned a lot too. I know you all love your new home. I'm happy for you. You got out of California and that's a good thing.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Scritches all around and my best to your peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. That blue sky caught my eye!We have snow and more to come. Today is a break as we will climb to 40 on the temps. Tomorrow, that is another story. Love the photos and your share with us. New Mexico is a beautiful state. I know, as my friend LOretta is a native and reminds everyone often. She gets some terrific sky shots! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you all are getting out to explore your new area. New places are extra fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We love your travel adventures. Those sisters look like they starved to death. But our favorite was the first picture with the tall person inside the tree! XOX Xena, Lucy and Chia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lulu: "Wow, I guess you can't keep a good mariachi band down!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fascinating city. Soon everyone will know your name.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun adventure for you, Rosy, and we see so much beautiful color!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!