7/31/17

Mini Bilbo in Napa Valley - #traveltuesday

Welcome to another edition of Travel Tuesday! Mini Bilbo here this week to fill you in on my recent weekend getaway with Mama and Daddy to Napa Valley!



Every year, Daddy's work goes to a fun place where Daddy goes to a couple of meetings and Mama gets to relax for a few days! This year, we drove six hours south to the quaint little town of St. Helena in the gorgeous Napa Valley area!
(click HERE to read more about St. Helena and HERE to read more about Napa Valley)



We had beautiful weather driving south, it was sunny and warmer than it is at home. Perfect for a relaxing getaway!



While in St. Helena, we stayed in the beautiful Harvest Inn!



We had a very nice room with a great big bed and a few comfy chairs. Mama says it had the biggest bathroom she has ever seen!


This is what it looked like from the outside! It had a fireplace, but Daddy said it was too warm outside to light a fire.


Mama says the grounds of the Harvest Inn are what she imagines
Tuscany, Italy would look like



Of course, it also might have been all the vineyards that surround the property....



...or maybe all the sculptures...



or the vine covered cottages!



 
One morning, while Daddy was in a meeting, Mama and I took a ride into the town of St. Helena.



It is such a quaint little town,  with a tree lined Main Street...



...and old brick arches



..and beautiful architecture.



After awhile I got tired an decided to rest of this nice big bench. 
I couldn't believe my eyes when I looked up in the trees!



OMD....A Cheeky little tree rat!!!



He's lucky I was tired, and Mini Dory was back at home!





Our last day in Napa Valley we spent relaxing by the vineyard. 



The morning started off foggy...



But after relaxing outside for a bit, the fog started to burn off....

 
...and we started to see blue skies!



So Mama and I played in the vineyards for a bit.


We had such a nice, relaxing time in Napa Valley. Mama says that next time she hopes to bring Arty and Jakey so she can show everybody the dog-friendly side of Napa!



Thanks for joining me for Travel Tuesday, I hope you enjoyed our little trip to St. Helena. Make sure to stop by this Friday when we wrap thing up by showing you all the beautimous flowers we saw in Napa Valley!

22 comments:

  1. I really need to spend more time in California! I went on a business trip for a week but didn't get to see much outside of Manhattan Beach and Beverly Hills. There are so many cool places in CA that I'd love to explore: San Francisco, Napa Valley, the drive down A1A, San Diego! Hopefully someday I will get a chance!

    The photos are beautiful and it makes me want to hop on a plane! BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! What a fabulous getaway! Mom is still trying to figure out how they got those brick pillars to twist like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another vacation! Your mom is always on the go! Looks like a very nice place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place to visit
    I hear that the Nappa Valley do nice wine....did you take Baby Groot with you and.....does your Baby Groot demand the same refrehment as mine?
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    Mini-Bilbo, that was a fangtastik tour you took us on today!!! Last Century, when I was about 87 years less rickety, I had a part in the operetta "The Most Happy Fella", which is set in Napa, and I cannot help but remember that every time the name is mentioned! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very well traveled to be so young. I love the grounds, the barrels, the dancing sheep, what a gorgeous place to stay.. hope you filled up on those grapes while hanging out there

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a place I wouldn't want to leave. Thanks for sharing, and for the beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sure was a fun trip and I hope the peeps brought back some goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love Mini Bilbo adventures.
    Wags,
    Ranger

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely place to visit! I hope your momma got to enjoy lots of that special grape juice in such a nice vineyard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a special trip for you to take, Mini Bilbo. It looks like St. Helena is a very quaint and interesting place. Thanks for sharing all the lovely things to see.

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mini Bilbo you lead us on a wonderful fun filled tour of Napa and St. Helena! The Harvest Inn and Grounds were beautiful. We love the BLUE BLUE skies too
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, does that ever look like a beautiful place!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely trip. I wouldn't have minded being there myself! Or perhaps I could go to Tuscany. It is a bit closer...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you had a fantastic time little one
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous place. SHE'd love that--can't stand cities with tall buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very beautiful place to visit and sounds like a nice relaxing time for you and mama
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whew! We got scared that the tree rat might steal the mini Bilbo! Our pawrents ran a race there a long time ago and one of them might have peed in a vineyard.

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  19. That sure looked like a great place to visit. Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice. We're happy to ride along. Of course we might have had a few glasses of wine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMD, I loooooves it there too!!! It is so relaxing and quaint! They have the most beautiful places up there, with the nicest peeps! Ma says she loves the wine too, butts it's hard 'sampling' them without getting tipsy! BOL! (she doesn't have my stamina....☺)
    Thanks for taking us along, and I hopes you get back soon, cause I wants to see some more!!!)
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!