9/10/20

Along the River and Through the Woods


 Before I tell you about the day trip Mama and I took through the Redwoods, I want to take a moment to remember today is Patriot Day in the US. 


We will never forget those who lost their lives on 9/11



 Mama and I took a nice long ride along the Avenue of the Giants a couple of weeks ago. It's always nice to get out in the forest and smell the fresh air(not to mention read all the wild pee mail)! 



It really makes a pup realize how small they really are...




 Everything is so very beautiful and green, and there is nothing like pondering life while sitting on an hundred year old tree stump (that's even older than even Mama!).



 This is the Eel River, it's pretty low during the summer. I'll have to have Mama come back next Spring to see how high it fills up after the Winter rains! 




I'm off to explore a little more! I hope you get a chance to get out and enjoy some of the nature
in your part of Blogville this weekend!


Show us your nature.  Flowers, your current weather, a scene out of your window, or maybe a picture from a vacation, walk or other journey, any nature picture will do! If you don't see a link below, click HERE  to go to our Hoppity Page.
 
 
 
 







 






























17 comments:

  1. wow that is impressing!!! we never saw such a big tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely walk Arty. Eel River is so pretty. I'm sure you found lots more to explore further on too.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.
    PS We couldn't find the code to put the Nature Friday blog hop in my blog today?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful pictures, Arty, and you are dwarfed by that huge tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    A breath of fresh air in such fine surroundings can't be beat! Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've had a mostly rainy, ugly week, but we do like the cooler temps. Hopefully we will get out some on the weekend to explore. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look so handsome in your hat that you almost detract from the scenery... awesome view of the river and I love tiny you at the foot of that wall of stone

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arty yes indeed we will never forget either. September 5 2001 we had just returned from a trip to Budapest...me to work at a conference, Dad of Madi a tourist. Usually we stayed over after my work obligations to tour on our own but in 2001 we had a wedding to attend on Sept 7 we we did our tour before the conference; otherwise we would have still be in Europe on Sept 11, 2001 and not been able to get home for weeks.

    Per your request I am smiling with you and loving all your photos from your walk
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for taking us along your walk to enjoy the beautiful scenery. Today is indeed a sad day. I lived in NYC after I graduated college many years ago. Visited the World Trade Center many times. After I left NYC and eventually married, my husband and I would take friends there for the fantastic views and dinner. You cheered me up Arty! And, as always, you look dapper in your hat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sure looked like a fun adventure Arty! We will always remember what happened on 9/11 and who did it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun, Arty.

    I will never forget 9/11. Never.

    Have a woof woof day and weekend. My best to your siblings and your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty place to explore!
    Even all these years later, today is such a sad day. I will never forget where I was that tragic morning, as I imagine is true for everyone.
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful place for a walk, Arty. You are so lucky to have that so close to your home.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You live in such a beautiful area. We hope the fires stay far from you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are really lucky with all that beautiful nature so close. I am quite jealous!

    Klem

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a great outing! What a very cool tree stump.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!