2/25/21

Nature Friday - SQUIRREL!!


 
 Arty here today, to tell you about my recent encounter with Seamus the sneaky squirrel!!
 
 
 

 It all happened last month when I took Mama and Daddy with me to look at possible new wheelie houses. After a long day of schmoozing with salespeople
Mama and Daddy really needed a walk in Nature.   We headed out to the nearest park for a stroll. As I was posing nicely with Daddy, I heard a rustle in a nearby orange tree...


and there he was....
 

 *crunch, crunch, crunch*
Hiya little fluffy dog,
 I'm Seamus the squirrel! Too bad you can't climb a tree...or maybe you could catch me
*snicker*
 
 

 
I may not be able to climb you tricksy Seamus squirrel, but I can
BARK, BARK, BARK 
you out of the tree!!
 
   
 
 
 
Before I knew it, there he was right in front of me...
swishing his sneaky little squirrel tail. 



 
 You're lucky I have to keep my Daddy on this string Seamus, or I would run over and
 
ummm...
 
well...
 
I suppose I'm not sure what I would do with you.

 
 
 
Maybe you can just tell your brother and sisters you caught me and we'll pretend you did, Arty!

 
 
 Sounds like a great plan!!
Thanks Seamus,  I am glad you are a sneaky squirrel after all!!
 
 
 
So, lets just keep this between us Blogville, and not tell the rest of the Gang...ok??
 

 
Show us your nature! It can be flowers, your current weather, a scene out of your window, or maybe a picture from a vacation, walk or other journey! Any kind of nature picture will do! If you don't see a link below, click HERE  to go to our Hoppity Page.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This month we are letting Mama do FFF again, you can find her post HERE and make sure to visit YAM Aunty HERE 
 to see more entries!
 
 
 


 
 
 


 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 

 

23 comments:

  1. oooh you saw a real one? what a lucky day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, your story Arty. Did Jakey, Rosy and Sunny buy it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sassy squirrel but he does seem kinda friendly, Arty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    OMDogness, Arty, that Seamus was clearly owner of that tree and unafraid of all who approached! What cheeky fella - but smart too, it seems. I trust that the rest of the gang are still ignorant of the event??? Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Squirrels are just so very rude. They know we are limited on leash and they come so close just to infuriate us. One day we will capture them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arty Seamus is a seemingly serious name for tree rat wearing Squirrel Fur.
    I say back away from the critter, jump in the lap of your loving Dad, hide your eyes
    That being said...Seamus' 87 million cuzzins live here in case he is missing them.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was quite an adventure you had with that squirrel, Arty. Did you find the wheelie house of your dreams?

    ReplyDelete
  8. good morning and lots of hugs to you dear sweet Arty. you look so dapper in your hat. what an adventure... tell your photographer I love the squirrel holdings its paw up in a pose just for the camera... waiting to hear if there will be new wheels soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would have been barking like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your squirrels Arty, I would like to chew on them I think. But I've learned a lot from Chester about the Evil Squirrel Cartels so it's probably best to keep a few paws away from the
    real ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lulu: "Good job, uh, catching that squirrel, Arty! Your secret is safe with me!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. BOL! Your secret is safe with me! But I hope Jakey and your sisters don't read the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boy your squirrels are a lot nicer than ours are but rest assured, mum's the word.
    Your fur-iends,
    Norman & Elsa 🐾

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a cheeky squirrel. Do they eat oranges? That would be intolerable. Maybe next time you can jump on him and whack him a good one with your paw...put the fear of Arty in him! And, shhh, we'll never tell. XOX Xena and Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  15. That had to be lots of fun Arty and I'm sure you gave him what for!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Arty! You are so furry astute! We will NEVER tell the others! And I never knew squirrels ate oranges! Or that they were that smart! Have a marvellously happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for making me smile this morning, I have never seen a squirrel

    ReplyDelete
  18. Arty, Seamus is such a NICE squirrel! I love him, and I bet that you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Foley chased a squirrel and they climbed a tree for four feet until she realized she was still a subject of gravity and slid down the tree like she was a Warner Brothers Cartoon character.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't knows my furiend....tree rats are sneaky, freaky, fuzzy-tailed scammers! I wouldn't trust Seamus as far as I could toss him! just sayin'.....
    If you needs some backup next time, just lets me know
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Arty, tell us your secret - it seems like you have found your way around a sneaky squirrel.

    We saw your beautiful wheelie house in Instagram. We think it is quite fitting for your family to travel in the luxury of a castle:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is a cute looking squirrel! Even if he was a bit sneaky! The last time I saw squirrels, my phone refused to take photos of them. My phone was sneakier than any squirrel!!!

    Klem

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!