3/2/14

BW Sunday on Dr. Suess's Birthday!


 Today we are joining Sugar and Nola for Black and White Sunday, but we are also celebrating Dr. Seuss's Barkday today, that is why I am dressed as the Dory Lou Who Fairy!


Many thanks to these two cuties for hosting one of the most popular blog hops in Blogville!!






 As the Dory Lou Who Fairy I thought I would share a few of my favorite Dr. Seuss poems!



Today you are You, that is truer than true.
There is no one alive who is you-er than you!
 
Look at me!
Look at me!
Look at me NOW!
It is fun to have fun
But you have to know how!

(Mama says this one reminds her of me.....although I am not sure if dressing up in this fairy costume was fun...but the treats I got were NOMMY, so I guess it was worth it!)



It is only right that we say Dr. Seuss's Birthday poem in honor of his Barkday

If we didn't have birthdays,
you wouldn't be you.
If you'd never been born,
well then what would you do?
If you'd never been born,
well then what would you be?
You might be a fish!
Or a toad in a tree!
You might be a doorknob!
Or three baked potatoes!
You might be a bag full
of hard green tomatoes!

Or worse than all that...
Why you might be a 
WASN'T
A wasn't has no fun at all.
No he doesn't
A wasn't just isn't.
He just isn't present.
But you are YOU
And now isn't that Pleasant!
-->





Thanks to Joe the Donkey for reminding us about Dr. Seuss's Barkday

16 comments:

  1. We had no idea today was Dr. Suess' barkday. So Happy Barkday to that fella. And we like your poems Dory!

    Lots of licks,
    Swish and Oak

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dory Lou Who you are DARLING and we LOVE your tribute to Dr. Seuss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dory, you are too stinkin cute.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your tu tu, but don't tell anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that!
    You totally rock the tutu!
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss Dory Lou Who, you are the cutest thing we has ever seen. We love your choice of poems.
    Happy Dr. Seuss Day!

    Kitty Kisses,
    Cindi Lou & the Kitty Krew

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make the best Dory Lou Who! Happy Suess Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Habby Birfday teu Doctor Seuss!!! I deu SO lubbs yeur tutu and boy o boy...

    yeur poem whas just WONDERful!!! What a wonderful way teu celebrate his day!!!

    wif lubbs from Little Reufus

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pawesome!!!!! That was just great, Dory, and you are the prettiest fairy Dr.Suess could ever imagine!
    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dory, you are so sweet! That was a wonderful tribute to Dr. Seuss! I love your fairy wings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post (and your outfit)! Glad you scored some yummy treats for your modeling gig. :) Much love, The Scottie Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dory, those pics of you just tug at my heart!!! You are just the prettiest little girl in the world!!!

    Tomorrow is my birthday and I've banned myself from Facebook as I just hate all the birthday wishes... It's too much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love your tribute to Dr.Seuss. Have a marvellous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your poem Dory and you look like a princess!
    Dip and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!