6/8/20

Reasons to Smile by Jakey

 I overheard Mama talking to her friend on the phone the other day about how hard it's been to find a reason to smile lately. I couldn't believe what I was hearing...Yeah, sure...there is a bunch of sad, scary and maddening human stuff going on in the world but,  she has ME around every day!


So I decided to tell Mama are at least three things she has to smile about every day when I'm around!
First Mama....do you know how lucky you are to wake up with me right next to your face every morning. How could you NOT smile when I give you your morning kisses before you even open your eyes. Yes, I may have REALLY bad morning breath but  sheesh,  your breath isn't exactly flowery Mama!



 
 Next, unlike Rosy and Arty who nap and play outside, I follow you around all day to make sure you are safe. At any time you can turn around and see my loving face looking up at you. I don't even mind that much when you trip over me! What's not to smile about?



Finally, I know Rosy likes to snuggle on your legs, Arty likes to sit next to you on the middle of the couch BUT you get to hold me RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR SIDE every night while we snuggle. How lucky are you Mama, to have three dogs to love you soooo much.

So next time you need a reason to smile, look no further than your home and the wonderful animals who love you!




We are joining our friends at  Comedy Plus for the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop this week!

23 comments:

  1. oh you said it super well! and you are a reason to smile... every day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes Jakey, it's good to remind the humans of this important point.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Jakey, you nailed it! How could ANYONE not be smiling now, thanks to you?!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right, Jakey. We pups can make our peeps smile lots and lots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right on, buddy! Mom tells us all the time that we three are her happy place. We keep her going and smiling. It's a dog's job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jakey, you have grown into wisdom beyond your years ... and we are glad you are sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree 100% Jackie! I smile everytime I look at big boy. I looked at him and smiled when he's sleeping when he's upside down when he's sprawled out on cold tile when he's laying in the sun outside when he's laying in the shade outside. He always makes me smile

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one smart pup, Jakey. What great advice for all the humans.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. My best to your siblings and your lucky mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so right Jakey. My Alex makes me smile. When I come home from work, he runs to the door all smiles and and wagging his tail like crazy - what a great greeting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, you are such a smile maker Jakey, keep doing it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We are all very lucky to be able to say, "There's no place like home." XOX Xena and Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a good reminder to all us peeps to look no further than the end of the tail near us to smile, Jakey. Keep making your mum smile a bunch. 💐

    ReplyDelete
  13. We need all the smiles we can get these days!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You give us reason to smile all the time, Jakey. We are trying very hard to do the same for our Mom here too.

    Woos, Lightning and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jakey you sure hit the nail on the head. Our pawrents never have to look far for a reason to smile either.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Smiles are better than frowns!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We smiled reading about what a love bug you are!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are great big reasons to smile!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good reasons to smile there, I smile most days and even laugh most days because life should be enjoyed and happiness can be a choice

    ReplyDelete
  20. We dogs always give our parents a reason to smile.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, those are some FABulous reasons to smile my furiend! I am sure your Mama is very happy to have such a lovely, faithful doggie such as yourself.
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well, you sure made us smile, Jakey! ♥
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!