8/26/20

True Colors

Today I am very thankful to be heading out for a Sister Spa Day with Rosy. For some reason, Mama is worried I will be coming home looking like a totally different girl! You see, there has been tons of discussion on whether or not I will remain this cute ginger-y apricot puppy, or if I will become a bit lighter.




As you can see, my Birth Dad is a mix of both red and white...while my Birth Mama was mostly creamy blonde with black and red tips!



  What color do you think I'll be when I come back from my spa day today? Here are some pictures Mama snapped of me last weekend so you can see all the pretty colors I am now!
Mama says I seem to be getting more blonde hair on the top of my head and, although she doesn't have an arrow
pointing at it, inside of my black moozle hairs, is a brighter white


 
My undercarriage is mostly creamy red/tan with lighter tan/creamy white pantaloons. 
 
It also loves belly rubs!
 
 
 
Most of the rest of my body is tan/red but Mama has noticed that I have a white line running down my back. Plus, my undercoat is a light cream color!


 

Although I am already much bigger than my Angel brother Bilbo, I think I do look a little like him. He was very handsome, wasn't he??

 

 
Daddy says I have inherited more than a bit of Bilbo's  "Lhasa-tude" too.
 BOL!! 
 
 
  
What so you all think? Have you ever met a puppy who has changed color as they grew? I kinda like that I am a Mystery Color Girl.
 
 
I do have to say,  I am very thankful Rosy will be with me during our Spa Day to hold my paw if I get scared. Plus, she'll get to be the first one to see my new "fur do"!!! 


 Stay tuned on Monday to see my "After Spa Day" picture!
 
 

Thank you Brian for hosting the
Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

19 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny,
    What we know is that you will look adorable, and your tummy will be eminently rubbable whatever colour you end up. As a wee puppy my head furs were black, but look at them now. Over the course of time the two black patches on my back expanded and merge into one.
    Have a great Sister Spa Day.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe a light tan-red ? but you are a fabulous girl and you will look beautiful no doubts...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be adorable after your spa day no matter what, Sunny. Airedale puppies are mostly black when they're born and they lighten to more tan furs as they get older.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    ... shall we settle for strawberry blonde for now? Whatever it becomes, your furs will be most attractive! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have changed colors somewhat, so we would guess you will be lighter, but we never get trimmed so we don't know if that changes for color or not. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant wait to see the REVEAL! which every one you look like you will be beautiful, i am thinking maybe you will look like your dad. waiting to see

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're very curious to see what color you will be after your spa visit. some of our Angel sisters were German Shepard dogs and our pawrents say that they changed their color a lot during that first year. As puppies they were almost all black but turned out to be a classic black and tan within their first year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest nieces Rosy and Sunny...first of all have a fund Sister Spa day.

    Sunny I predict (might I add with not once ounce of expertise) that after your Spa day it will be obvious that Sunny was a perfect name and that you will still have furs kissed by the Sun with a taste of apricot...yumminess
    Hugs Aunty HiC

    ReplyDelete
  9. We know you'll be super beautiful no matter what sweet Sunny! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a fun spa day girls! Looking forward to seeing photos of you both on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are most beautiful, Sunny. It doesn't matter what color you are.

    Have a woof woof Thankful Thursday. My best to your siblings and your wonderful mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. In cocker spaniel world you would be called a parti-color. That means parts of different colors rather then ascob (any solid color other than black.) I'm a parti-color because I'm mostly white with tan spots. Plus I have freckles. Let your colors shine!

    (It was nice to see that picture of Bilbo.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You'll be gawjuss whatever color you are! Have fun on your Sister Spa Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. No matter what color you come home as, you will be beautiful, Sunny. As they say, only your furdresser knows for sure:) We are guessing you will be a light golden red with some black tips.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mom the Groomer: Sunny, you are going to look much like your Dad. And after the next trim, even more so. Didn't Angel Bilbo have pretty ears?
    Xena: I started out black, but since I was born a salt and pepper, I have gotten lighter and lighter. Mommy thinks my color isn't done changing, and I'm 3 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so damn cute whatever colour you are and that's what important

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you are beautiful no matter what your hair color. Just don't dye your roots.

    ReplyDelete
  18. However you return from your spa day, you'll still be adorable cute. We'll keep our paws crossed the ginger stays strong. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is always fun to see the changes as they come through; we've had many dogs who changed a lot over the years. We think you might end up more apricot and white colored like your Dad.
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!