1/7/21

Nature Friday at the Marsh

 
 This is the look I gave Mama earlier this week after a few days of cloudy/wet weather in a row. I have to say, going potty in the rain gets old real quick and for some reason Mama and Daddy have this "no potty in the house" policy they INSIST we stick to....
 
But I digress, when the sun came out on Tuesday I was thrilled when Mama suggested a Mama and Me hike at Arcata Marsh!
 
 
 It was a beautiful day, and the morning sun even made the browns look cheerful!!
 
 I have to admit, there was a spring in my step and flop to my ears as we hit the trail!
 
 
 As usual, the birds were amazing!!
From the ducks.....

 
 To the shorebirds!

 
Plus, we also had a very cool sighting of a...
 
 
Red tailed hawk!!! 
Looks like he had a rough 2020 too, doesn't it??
 
 These three ducks look pretty comfy as they enjoy nice nap in the sun don't they?

 
 The rains have fooled some of the flowers into blooming. I'm hoping this means we'll see an early Spring.
 
 
 But Mama says I shouldn't get too excited because most of the scenery still
 looks like Winter (Winter in California anyway BOL).
 

 Unfortunately, California Winters mean mud.

 
 As much as I enjoyed my morning walk through the Arcata Marsh....
 

 I don't know if I can say the same about the bath I got when we got home.
But being outside and feeling the sunshine on my furs as I hiked with Mama was totally worth it!!! 
 
We hope you get some sunshine in your part of Blogville this weekend!!

Show us your nature! It can be flowers, your current weather, a scene out of your window, or maybe a picture from a vacation, walk or other journey! Any kind of nature picture will do! If you don't see a link below, click HERE  to go to our Hoppity Page.

23 comments:

  1. Hi Rosy, and HAppy Nature Friday. Gail and I absolutely loved your walk through the marsh. All those birdies, and such lovely watery photos. But humans can be very difficult can't they? I mean there's always the 'no potty in the house rule', but also the 'no muddy paws in the house' rule, which means way too many baths at this time of year...
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow da hawk is beautiful... and we love your area... it is a little like a painting by bob ross... and so peaceful ...pawfect for us dogs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous photos! We love the pictures of the duck and the bird in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How terrible to have a bath after such a nice walk. Love that first photo of you, it is so adorable. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    Oh my word, what a wonderfurs walkies you had!!! Mama was flexing full photographic muscle - and you were posing pawfeckly too... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    (pee ess... just a heads-up that for the first FFF we are going to use one image between us! Yxx)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niece Rosy I hear you darlin' girls don't like getting their mani-pedis wet. I am in total agreement about the potty rule. BOL BOL BOL Thank you for taking us on that nice walk in the Marsh. Happy Weekend hugs
    Aunty HiC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pics today, what a supurr outdoor adventure! Thanks for hosting x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The marsh looks very interesting sweet Rosy and we're glad you enjoyed your walk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lulu: "That looked like the best day ever! Up until the bath part, anyhow ..."

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had fun going on a walk with you and your mom. Yes the bath was worth it to be out and about with mom. I agree.

    Have a woof woof day and weekend. My best to your siblings and your wonderful mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Thank you for the great pictures! We loved seeing the birds and scenery. Some of the marshland here in WNY looks a lot like that in late autumn.

    Stay warm, pups!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you my nieces and nephews for the bday wishes...no worries Aunty makes sure to celebrate the entire month of January
    Hugs Aunty HiC

    ReplyDelete
  13. Rosy, your first picture put a big smile on my face, pretty girl. the Mom
    We haven't been for a walk for a few days 'cause Mom's a wimp and hates the cold even when it doesn't feel that cold to us. You look like you had a GREAT walk. Lucy and Xena

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like a great place for a walk. You saw lots of nice birdies too. We've had about 2 months of solid grey skies but are promised to see some sun tomorrow. It just might blind us since we aren't used to seeing it. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those birds look delishus. Uhh, I mean very cool. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. No matter where you go you are the prettiest thing there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no!!!! A bath?!? Sorry about that Rosy. BTW, your mama is a great photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks like a walk that was well worth waiting for, Rosy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those photos are gorgeous. I love the ducks' reflections. Your "pigtails" kill me!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh gurl, I TOTALLY GETS IT!!! I hates wet feets! And tryin' to find a SPOT when the rain has washed all the smells away....impossible! sigh. Wells, you can come down here, we missed most of the rain, and only gots a little. no mud. sigh. I gots to say, looks like the bath might have been worth it! MIGHT have been......😉
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello everyone, Are you looking for a professional trader, forex and binary manager who will help you trade and manager your account with good and massive amount of profit in return. you can contact MR. CARLOS ELLISON for your investment plan, for he helped me earned 12,000usd with little investment funds.Carlos Ellison you're the best trader I can recommend for anyone who wants to invest and trade with a genuine trader, he also helps in recovery of loss funds..you can contact him on his Email:
    carlose78910@gmail.com
    Via whatsapp: (+12166263236)

    I advice you shouldn't hesitate. He's great.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!