10/21/21

Cholla Cactus Garden at Joshua Tree NP


 
 Happy Nature Friday!!
Back, when we were asking our friends to guess where we were heading on our big vacation, my favorite Weim Boyz, Phenny and Nellie, guessed Cholla Garden in Joshua Tree National Park!!
 
Well, we made sure to stop and see what kind of Garden it was! 
 

 I have to say, I wasn't as disappointed as you might think, when Mama said
Doggos weren't allowed in this garden. Not only were there no flowers to be found, but
those cactus looked pretty prickly!!
 

 Mama and Daddy took turns walking the trail through the 10 acres of cactus. 
Cholla Cactus is notorious for being easy to snag as you walk through it, so the park built various boardwalks to preserve the cactus and protect the feeties of the peeps hiking through the prickly cactus.
 
 
 The Cactus is also known as Teddy Bear Cholla. I don't know....
I don't think I'd want to cuddle with something that has so many prickly parts!
 
 
 The Cholla makes baby cacti by dropping its stems. That is most likely why there is such a large "stand" of Cholla Cacti in this area!
 
 
 Mama came across a fun mystery find when she was looking at the Teddy Bear Cholla.
 
 
 Can you see them??? Wait, I'll have Mama make it bigger...
 
 
Look at the the little stones that found their way to the center of the cactus!!
Mama's not sure how they made their way from the ground all the way up onto the cactus. We would love to hear what you think!! 
Let us know what you think in the comments!!
 
 
I'll be back next week to join YAM Aunty in a Nature FFF. Make sure to stay tuned in a couple of weeks, we'll go in search of some Joshua Trees!!!

We hope effuryone has a weekend full of adventure and fun!!

Show us your nature! It can be flowers, your current weather, a scene out of your window, or maybe a picture from a vacation, walk or other journey! Any kind of nature picture will do! If you don't see a link below, click HERE to go to our Hoppity Page.

17 comments:

  1. good thing to stay away from things what have needles :O)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very pretty but we're happy that the boardwalk is there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cacti can be interesting, but never touch them. Mom used to have a cat, ages ago, that would fight with her cactus. The more he hit it with his paw, the more it hurt and so the harder he hit back. He was a crazy cat I have heard! Have a fun weekend and don't tangle with any cacti.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Oh my, Rosy, that was very interesting, though I am glad there was a safety walk available! The stones in the cactus pawssible got there from when it was growing but might also have been deposited by one of those big desert winds that can happen - anything else just begs imagination!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH what a prickly and fun post. The cacti are gorgeous. I bet dollars to doughnuts one of those needles would jump off the cactus to me. I seem to attract all species of bugs so I suspect it would be the same with cacti needles. BOL BOL BOL

    Now for the stones in the Teddy Bear Cactus I purrsonally think it is magical. My crazy mind's eye thinks things that are where they are not supposed to be are signs from fairies and angels.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love today's adventure, absolutely epic! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have read that the cholla is something no one wants to tangle with and now I see why.. bushes of NEEDLES! ow! they are beautiful to see, from afar and in photos. about the stones, either someone stood on the walkways and tossed stones that fell in it, or there are stones on the ground that got in the babies and grew up that way. i am leaning towards someone putting them there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those cacti are cool looking but it's probably a good thing you pups aren't allowed near them. We think some birds could have dropped those stones on the cactus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so enjoyed visiting there. Nature is most amazing.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend. Scritches all around and my best to your peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. You pups can thank your lucky stars you were not allowed anywhere near those chollas ! Look but don't touch !

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is an amazing place to see, yes, from a distance!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I normally am very against dog bans, but when it comes to little pricks, maybe staying clear of this area is for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We think someone thew those stones intot he cactus. Lucy and Xena

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lulu: "I don't think I would like a close encounter with those teddy bears. I'll stick with the stuffies we have around here!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. so those are Chollas, eh? I never knew. Fascinating place to walk around. Carefully of course! 🌵

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!