3/8/10

I let Mama borrow my Bloggie....with my help!


Should-I-let-her
Mama asked if she could borrow my bloggie today to talk to your Mamas about some crafty thing. I gave it lots of thought and then agreed to share if she would let me help. She said I could do the intro AND be in the pictures. I guess that is ok...

Mama-is-playing-with-yarn
Lately Mama has been playing with string...ALOT. She says most of it is for a new hooman puppy that my Aunt Annie is having, but some of it is for a game she is playing with some bloggie friends. I will let Mama take it from here....

66/365

Last week I came across a craft chain that is going around with some of those "other bloggers", you know...the ones that don't necessarily blog about their pets. I thought it would be very cool to maybe start a craft chain here and see what we could get going. The concept is that for every 1 craft you send out, you should receive 36 back. I say, ok....but if I get even one or two I'll be happy. I also thought it might be cool to make pet crafts, as I see lots of crafty types when I am reading my blogs each day. This doesn't have to be an elaborate craft. I am making a little crochet birdie. But you can sent a photo, a card, or anything else you can think of. Here is the description I received:

Here are the details on the "Art Exchange" project.

To participate please make one work of art/craft

It can be anything you want--a little drawing, painting, a print, a photo print, stamped/printed cards, something felted, sewn, beaded, crocheted, knitted...whatever fits you!. Whatever fits your niche and mood, and can be dropped in the mail within a week (or something like that...).

If you are interested, please shoot me an email at bethatebchristiansdotcom and let me know. There are people participating from all over the world, so please let me know if you would be willing to send out of your country. 

OK Dory, thanks for letting me use your bloggie...back to you.

Just-this-once
Wow...that was awful long Mama...Next time keep it to a couple of sentences ok???

29 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting, I should get my handler to read this post!

    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S, my handler says the email won't work - she put in a "." for the "dot", but it didn't work, so she tried it with "dot" in it.
    ??

    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  3. From my mama to your mama: I just wanted to make sure you were aware of One World One Heart, a nationwide event for artists and craftsmen. Unfortunately, it happens only once a year and it just ended, but if you're into that, OWOH is the place to be. I suggest you look around the blog that hosts the event and become familiar with the lovely hostess. Here's the link http://awhimsicalbohemian.typepad.com/a_whimsical_bohemian/
    Twinkie's momma

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this concept of Dawgie Crafts thingy. I'm contemplating (nice word) a thingy of a similar nature myself. Keep us posted on what your mom gets in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dory...could you ask Mom about deadlines etc. I'd like to crochet a nice kitty/puppy blanket....however I only crochet at night when watching tv. Just let me know on the deadline. I just made my daughter's Cornish Rex a afghan (it will be posted on my blog later this month) out of my left over yarn from this past winter's projects. Of course it doesn't have to be as large as a human afghan.
    Madi and Mom...Madi's job is watcher of the spinning yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dory
    This sound like an interesting idea your mama has - our mum isn't really into crafts but will watch with interest!
    love and kisses
    Martha & Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so pretty in those pictures I got lost in them and forgot what you were saying.
    Woo.
    Luv,
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a fun idea!

    We seem to visit a lot of the same blogs so I thought I'd pop on over and check yours out! You're adorable, Dory! I'm sure you already know that though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds cool. I have actually never done anything crafty. I can take pictures though, but I am not sure anyone would want to get them! :p

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like something fun...my mom loves to do crafty stuff.
    Wags,
    Draco

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our Mom is fairly crafty - but she's really busy right now. We think we could try to talk her into it though.

    XOXO
    The Rocky Creek GAng

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like fun. Now my mom wants to know is this with our bloggy friends group here or with the group that your mom is doing it with?

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was very nice for you to share your blog with your mom. But we have a question...There are human bloggers that don't blog about their pets?!?!?! Your talking crazy talk.

    Wags and Licks,
    Mollie Jo & Bobo & the foster siblings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmmmmm....crafts! Is that some sort of snack? :) My mom doesn't seem to be super crafty these days...but hmmmmm....we'll check back! Doggie cookies we can do!

    Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
    Sierra Rose

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a pretty cool idea! I'm going to bark to Mom about it!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh dory dawling you are so furry kind to let your mommish use your bloggy
    and tell mommish that my mommish will try to think of somethin for the craft . she loves something called cross stitching but it takes her an awful long time so she is going to see if she can find a smaller woggie one ok?
    pibble sugars
    the houston pittie pack

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a totally fun idea... but we are not very crafty!!

    We will enjoy this idea through reading yoru bloggie and seeing all the neat things you get!!

    xo martine & the kiddlets

    ReplyDelete
  18. That sounds like a fun idea. Too bad my momma is not crafty (well, except when it comes to trying to trick the Mango - hehehe). That's OK. I am sure there are other more gifted humans out there who will play along with your mom and we will get to see the photos, right? Of course with you included in each craft picture.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice of you to give your blog some mama time... but my hoomans say they are not crafty... but they enjoy crafty pieces. Hope the project would be a success.

    Licks, hero

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow thats awesome! I wish I was more crafty :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. That was very nice of you to share Dory. We don't like to share BOL
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Dory!
    Mommy wishes for your mom's craft ideas to be a success!!
    Mommy likes crafts too, sewing, painting sketching you name it!
    Thank woo for sharing this!!

    Cheers,
    Maxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like so much fun! My Mommy is a beginner knitter and she loves it.:) I can't wait to see pet crafts that your Mama makes.:)

    Love,
    Teddy Bear

    ReplyDelete
  24. That sounds very interesting Dory, we will have to have a look at it.
    Wags, Dip Bridge and Elliot xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dory, you are so sweet to share with your Mama.

    This sounds like a wonderful idea but I am the most un-crafty person ever.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Dory Mama,

    This is indeed interesting. Crafts for pups is a great idea. Please keep us posted. We are all ears and paws with you on this one.

    We also love your photos in this post as always.

    Thankies!

    -Piappies Mom

    PS: please feel free to email us at piappies[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, Dory, I wish so very much my mom was more crafty. There are lots of things she's good at, but being crafty isn't one of 'em. (sigh) But I can't waits to see what everydoggie else comes up with!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  28. I told my Mom, but it looked like I understood that you only had about a week to make something? She says that she probably wouldn't be able to do anything THAT fast. She's still working on a portrait of Clive for that Mango Minster prize he won. She's ALMOST done, but, as you can see, it DOES take her a while... OC

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!