1/24/15

Dear Pack....

Today I (Mama Beth),  along with various staff all over Blogville,  are taking control of the keyboard to write letters our "furkids." 
 I have four "kids" and each and everyone hold a very special place in my heart.  Feel free grab a cup of coffee (or maybe a puppachino) and relax while I tell Bilbo, Arty, Jakey and Dory how they have touched my heart.



Dear Bilbo,

   Thank you for being our first "furkid" and letting us be your furr-ever home. The past, almost 13 years, have been an adventure for all of us. Even with your challenges,  we can't imagine not having you in our lives. Without you, we would be a pack that oversleeps, forgets to give cookies, not know when we should be sitting on the couch and would probably never know when bedtime is! Thank you so much for keeping us scheduled....most of all, thank you for teaching your Daddy and I that dogs, like humans, need routine in their lives.  I wouldn't change anything about your stern and eccentric personality......but dude, doggy door....potty....outside....pretty please??? You will always be our first puppy love, regardless of where you go potty!



 
Dear Arty,

   Thanks go to whomever found you roaming down the road at less than 12 weeks old, and kept you safe. Although we had fostered many small dogs before you, something about you just called to your Daddy and I. Although some call it foster failure, I call it "pack success"  when we made you a permanent part of our family. You brought a shot of youth and energy into our pack, just when we needed it.  Although you and I have had our differences, I thank you for showing me that along with lots of love, some pups need a structured and disciplined regiment. Together, you and I are learning that training makes us both happier and oh boy howdy, the fun we are having while we are doing it!!
I wouldn't change a thing about you dude....except for when modeling....how about a little smile now and then ;-).  Love you lots little guy!


Dear Jakey,

   Thank you Jakey...for being you.  A loving, go with the flow, snuggly boy dog. We are so glad that we went to Petco 5 years ago and after 5 minutes alone with you, just knew that you were the pup for us. Thanks for being Dory's shadow and Arty's BFF (and occasional chew toy)! We know little about what you went through before you became our snuggle bug, but we hope you finally feel safe and know that when we leave the house....we always come back.  We will do our best to keep you safe from loud noises and hold you tight when there are storms outside. You are the perfect companion, even when you are tearing apart stuffies.... :-).  Know that you are so very loved.




Dear Dory,

Thank you for teaching me what it is like to have a "heart dog." Some puppy that just seems to know what I need, or want, without asking. You are my muse, and your smile just melts my heart.  The way you have grown from a puppy who loved to chase squirrels in her backyard, no matter what the weather, into a super model (who may or may not demand too many treats) amazes me. You were so patient and loving (most of the time) with all your foster siblings and shared them with Daddy and me. Thank you for keeping the boyz in line (when possible) and giving your Daddy "sneaky kisses" on the cheek when he comes home from a long day at work.  All of this is just saying basically .....thank you for being you. We love you so very much.


28 comments:

  1. Hari Om
    ..................all blubbery here - but in a good way! Blessings, hugs and wags, to all. YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in tears! What a wonderful letter to all of your "kids". Very heartfelt. I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just the sweetest. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was great to read.... and my coffee contents some tears now, but anyway, I loved the word heart dog so much, I thought YES! that's what it is!
    easy Rider

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful letters to you guys and it tells us a bit more about you as well. What a great family...sorry Dory, you like with a bunch of brothers, but they probably protect you and don't have so many silly issues like we girls/sisters do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. your very sweet letters of love prove what we talk about all the time. all dogs have very different personalities, there very own personality, just like people do. you have four beautiful and sweet pups.. they are blessed to live with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMDs when we found your blog it was just Bilbo (do you remember that my mom called him Bilbro for several months? MOL she worked with a professor who's last name was Bilbro) and Dory. We knew instantly they were well loved pups and were happy to know them. We Remember when Arty and Jakey joined the family....and were so happy for the because we knew they would be cherished just like Bilbo and Dory.
    Thank you for this beautiful letter
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH what GRAND and GLORIOUS letters your mom did Write to the four of you...
    You OBVIOUSLY have her wrapped around your paws... as she should be.
    BEAUTIFUL Letters... each one...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh How very very sweet! I am all teary eyed too! That is the sweetest. Loves to you all!
    Marty and the Gang's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bilbo, Arty, Jakey and Dory, you are LOVED. But, you already knew that :D

    Wyatt and Stanzie

    ReplyDelete
  11. You had a LOT of letters to write and they were all wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so wonderful! We loved, loved, loved your letters!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  13. They are all so wonderful in there very own ways. You know it is true love when you love them so much despite the challenges some may bring.
    love
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was so charming and heartfelt and an absolute joy to read. My current "heart" Kitty is Astrid. When I saw her face on PetFinder I knew she had to be part of our family, and I was so right. All of you are totally precious and adorable. Thanks for stopping by The Cat on My Head today. We hope you'll join us Sunday for our Selfies Blog Hop. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

    ReplyDelete
  15. AWWWW, That's just the sweetest post EVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those are beautiful letters and we are so lucky to be so loved in our furever homes.


    Loveys Sasha

    p.s. Bilbo, Mommy tells me the same thing about potty, but don't worry I get it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that is just so lovely and we have the leaky eyes here as well!
    You are all such very special pups!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. you are all so special and it warms ours hearts to ready how much you are all loved

    ReplyDelete
  19. Crikey ...... how SPECIAL was that and how SPECIAL are the four of you. All that LOVE!!!!!!
    Hey Bilbo ...... use the doggy door, mate. Go potty outside, aye???????

    ReplyDelete
  20. All of u are very cute! Good job keeping your hoomins aware of the proper cookie-to-tummy ratio.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Four beautiful and honest letters to four wonderful four legged friends!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You touched my heart with your letters. I have a big lump in my throat. I know all the feelings you expressed about the four. And your letter to Dory hit home.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your letters to each of your pups. Each letter gives us more insight to each pups personality and your love for each one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a sweet group of letters for an adorable group of friends. I love visiting to your happy home each day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your kids are adorable! I love the pictures, and enjoyed reading your letters to them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. An individual letter for each of you - wow, that is so special!
    Wally & Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Tears, they are so lucky to have you as their momma.
    stella rose and mommma

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!