5/31/15

Travel Tuesday on Monday!!

Tomorrow is the big Welcome to Blogville Dance (we are hosting the Photo Booth), so we are posting Travel Tuesday on Monday this week!!!




This week let me take you with Mama and I on Day 6 of our
14 States in 10 Days Adventure! 

Before we go on, I wanted to let you know why Mama and I made this trip to Wisconsin (thanks for asking Madi!).  
Back in March my Grandma Gail (my Daddy's Mama) went over the Rainbow Bridge to Heaven. Being the wonderful woman she is, she made sure that Daddy and his brothers and sister chose effurything they wanted from her house.  Daddy chose the things he wanted and then returned to California, unfortunately, all the things Daddy chose didn't fit in their suitcase! Mama told Daddy not to worry about a thing, she and I (Dory) would drive out to get the stuff and drive back!!


On Day 6, we stopped by and picked up the things Daddy chose from Grandma Gail's house and drove through Wisconsin,  Minnesota and then to Fargo, North Dakota! This was another pretty short day for us.



Come on Mama....time to get moving, we need to be in Edgar by 9AM sharp!!
The drive went pretty fast and after hitting a bit of traffic in Wausau, we were in Edgar!!



Are you done filling up the car already, Mama?? 






Are you sure you packed everything up safely???

It only took Mama about 20 minutes to pack up the car. Daddy had gotten everything all boxed up before he and Mama flew home (Daddy is very organized)!  Uncle Matthew helped Mama by bringing it out of the house and Mama packed up the car!! 
Of course,  I supervised from the front seat!! 






 Then.....we were back on the road again!!!
Paulie and I snuggled bunches and took lots of quality naps together!!





Mama didn't make too many stops on this day....or take very many pictures with her fancy camera.
She did take this silly photo and said that seeing me smiling every time she came back to the car always put a smile on her face too!!


But....this was one of the BESTEST DAYS of the trip for me because, after TEN YEARS.....I got to try my VERY FIRST FRENCH FRY!!!!





 Mama says it was a reward for being a very well behaved girl!!
I took it very gently and wasn't quite sure what to do with it at first.



 Hmmmm, maybe if I hold it in my paws and take a little nibble.



MAMAMAMA!!!! Why has it taken you TEN YEARS to let me try these delicious, wonderful, tasty morsels!!! Unfortunately, this was the only fry I got!! 
I am not suppose to tell my brothers, so please don't let them know I got to try a french fry...ok???
There may have been a long from too many carbs power nap after this because when I woke up we were at the hotel!!!!



We got to stay in a brandy new La Quinta with a bed right by the window and guess what???




Oh yeah...there were SQUIRRELS outside!!!!!! I talked Mama into taking me for a long squirrel hunt walk after dinner.....



It was windy...but I saw lots of squirrels!!



Once again, Mama said NO when I asked if she could just stay by herself while I went squirrel hunting. 
Mamas are so very needy sometimes!!!




When we got back from our walkie, I tucked Mama in and we called it a night!





Join us next week when we drive all the way across North Dakota and then to Billings, Montana!




26 comments:

  1. What da woof? Your firstest French Fry in 10 years??? I guess I needs to be thankful for Whataburger Wednesdays round dis joint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sitting her in shock that in 10 yrs you just had your first french fry!!!
    WOW!! Maybe you will get some more, they are yummy huh??

    wags
    Oreo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely thing you and your mum did for your daddy Dory - and had lots of fun in the meantime!
    Wow, a real chip, we are jellies.
    Dip and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a day! your first french fry stick and a howltrel with free squirrel windows tv... wow! I think I should visit that howltel once too :o)
    easy rider

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME trip you got to go on with your mama Dory! LOVE all of your pretty photos!! We have to admit we are very surprised that you have never had a French Fry before, but aren't they the BEST???? AND, Squirrel TV at your hotel...awesome! We look forward to hearing all about the rest of your trip!! xo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love that first picture of you with your French fry, Dory. You look like you're smokin' it instead of eating it! haha Aren't French fries the most wonderful invention!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. You were near Waussau, Wisconsin! I know exactly where that is. My papa's parents live just north of there so we are often up in that neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry the reason for your trip was a rather sad one, but I'm sure your gramma would have wanted you all to be happy. You drove practically right by my house and I didn't even hear you honk! I could have shown you millions of MN squirrels.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry about your Daddy's loss, but we are sure all those memories you loaded into you car brought him lots of smiles.

    You really loved that French fry, didn't you - we need to get someone to make treats that are French-fried flavored;)

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't French Fries the best! I could eat about 87 tons of them. And those LaQuintas are pretty cool too. We stay at them whenever we travel too. Speaking of which, Mom...when can we go on va-k-shun again???

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your momma is so brave to drive that far, we are so glad she took you along for protection heck our mom has a hard time just driving to the grocery store and back.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love hearing all about your trip! Momma loves road trips and said she'd like to try one with me sometime, but it's harder finding places that will take a 60-lb dog than a little one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are such a good traveler, i know Mama was so happy to have you to talk to and wow. what a nice first fry you had... your smile makes me feel good to

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Dory! Your very first french fry! But you know our mom works where they make french fries and we don't get them hardly ever! We get to go on a road trip later this week!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMD you had an ENTIRE (One of those thingys) all to your self??? WOW Dory... we pawmise NOT to mention it to the boys...
    And a Hotel with a VIEW of.... SQUIRRELS?????? Wow... how did you even SLEEP with THAT going on.
    Your mama is a good packer upper... like your dad is...

    WE really LOVED that fun pic of YOU and your Mama in the window glass shadow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. DORY tHANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR TELLING US THE PURPOSE OF THE MOST SPECIAL AND MEMORABLE TRIP. GRANDMA GAIL WAS SURELY WATCHING WITH HAPPINESS AS YOU TRAVELED TO AND FROM CA!! YOU HAD GREAT TRAVELING WEATHER AND YOU WERE THE BEST NAVIGATOR EVER!!

    JUMPIN'CATFISH GIRLFRIEND YOU GOT A REAL FRENCH FRY ALL TO YOURSELF. WTG. AND WHAT A GREAT REWARD FOR BEING SUCH A GOOD TRAVELING COMPANION
    SQUIRRELS ARE TAKING OVER THE COUNTRY...
    HUGS MADI YOUR BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sorry to hear of your loss. But still, you look all happy and raring to go in that car there. That is what would have been wanted. Good girl.

    sumskersandearlskers13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hari OM
    Oh yes I had figured out the purpose, as I recalled your recent loss... But I am so very very glad that you and mum were able to turn an otherwise quite sad visit into a joyous and bonding gal-trip!!! Trust me Dory, you do NOT want to form a relationship with those fries... that's a battle this gal fights. I'sa got a tattie fetish! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. We sure are jealous of your road trip. So nice to go pick up dads stuff. You better have had 2 frys
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another awesome trip....Mom & Dad have been along that way.....OK we won't say anything about DORY EATING A FRENCH FRY! No not a word about FRENCH FRIES!

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are so cute taking your time eating that French Fry! We just wolf them down in one swallow.

    ReplyDelete
  22. We sure are glad you had Paulie to keep you company while your mom concentrated on driving. We remember you telling us about that French Fry and can you believe I still have not gotten one?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  23. We are shocked that you never had a fry before. That is crazy! We love fries.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't believe she made you wait ten years to try a fry. Shame shame.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dory, I promise not to tell Bilbo that you ate a french fry. I have gotten a few in my life but not very many. I think the picture of you and your Mama through the car window is super cool. I am glad you at least got to see some squirrels.

    I will see you at the dance.


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Dory! I pray that's not the only French fry you ever get! Life is short and you deserve to be spoiled!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!