10/2/17

TT-My Trip Home by Rosy

Rosy here today to tell you all about my ride from my birth home in Utah to my furr-ever after home here in Northy North California!



It all started when Mama and Daddy picked me up in a small town southeast of Salt Lake City. They thought they could get me to ride in this kennel BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Needless to say, they found out what my cry sounded like right away! Luckily, the Mama brought a tiny harness for me and I could be "buckled in for safety" like a big girl! It rained and stuff most of the way back to Salt Lake City, so we didn't get to get many pictures. It was a little scary in the car and I was a bit worried about what I had gotten into but imagine my surprise when I found out there was a Blogville Welcoming Committee waiting at the La Quinta in Salt Lake City for me!!!




My Uncle's from north of Salt Lake City came ALL THE WAY DOWN to greet me! They even brought me PRESSIES!!! They are the bestest Uncles EVER! Unfortunately, there was some hooplah about me not having "all my puppy shots" and I didn't get to actually MEET them...but they were in the big red truck outside and sent in their representatives!!




I got to snuggle with my Uncle Murphy's Mama! Murphy and Stanley waited very patiently
while I smelled all the fur smells messages they left for me on their pawrents! I made sure to snuggle and rub all over their Mama and Daddy so they could get to know me too!  I even went peepee on my peepee pad so Murphy and Stanley's Mama could tell them how grown up I was!!  All to soon they had to eave to head back home...I can't wait to meet them when I am all grown up!




After they left, my tummy started rumbling, and I had my first room service from Mama!! She sure does make a nommy bowl of kibble with just the right amount of water dribbles!





After dinner I started getting sleepy...Mama and Daddy thought I would enjoy this nice little crate to sleep...ummmmm
NOT!




I told Daddy I would rather sleep on his feeties! I don't know how it happened, but I woke up the next morning in that crate...I must have been pretty tired 'cause Mama said I didn't cry at all...don't worry, I made up for it the next night!




The next morning it was time to leave Utah...first we took an official adoption ussie...




...then, after buckling up, we hit the road!!




As we left Salt Lake City we passed the Wilson Monument...I think my Uncle Murphy must have had it constructed as a tribute to all Wilsons lost in action! 


It's a VERY VERY VERY long drive from Salt Lake City, UT to Reno, Nevada...Mama says although it felt like 87 hours, it was more like 7....Anyways, we stopped a few times so I could stretch my paws and go potty.
Mama took LOTS of pictures...I am becoming very used to both the iChewyToyPhone and the RosyNoBiteytheNikon Camera. They seem to always be around!




Like many other millenials I am also making sure to take part in all kinds of social media memes!  Here I am doing my first Tongue Out Tuesday picture during one of our rest stops!





After our 87 hour drive we finally arrived at the LQ in Reno! Needless to say, I was exhausted.  Being a puppy navigator is very hard work! After eating our dinner and playing for a little while, the pawrents and I were ready to hit the hay!




This time I put my paw down and cried like a banshee told Mama and Daddy I did NOT want to sleep in that little crate anymore and I must be allowed to sleep on the big bed with them(Thanks to my Uncle's Mama Fleur for the great advice about crying loud in a hotel)!!





We woke up early the next morning, packed the car and hit the road for California!




Reno isn't to far from the California border and before long we were at our first California Rest Area!




The trees smell soooooo good...or maybe it is a racoon peemail...whatever, it smells good here in California!






Mama took an Ussie of me and Daddy at the rest stop too!!





I spent the rest of the trip home pretty much like this. I really do enjoy a good back nap! 
Mama says I am a VERY good traveler! I didn't get carsick, I had no problem eating or drinking on the road. I even used my peepee pads in the hotel rooms(most of the time)! 




 You can also view the video on YouTube HERE
Before I knew it, we were at my furr-ever home I was meeting my brothers for the very first time!! 

It sure was a fun trip, but it is really nice to be home!!!


27 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    YYAAAHHHOOOOOOOOO!!! Oh Rosy, you are definitely going to be a star... pawssibly even a diva - talk to your cat-cuz Madi to get some lessons!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madison only had a 7 hour drive, but she cried most of the way and Bailie was scared of her so that was no help! Glad you are home and hanging out with your big brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY CATS!!!!
    MOL MOL MOL We thoroughly enjoyed every single mile of your trip to your furever home.
    Rosy you are quite a good poser for a pup and video star!! It appears to this diva that you came with your own set of diva traits and the brudders know this already
    Ohhh I hope some day you can meet your uncles. Mom told me they are purrty cool
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arty looks like he is saying what the heck did you do? what is this tiny thing? love the video and glad you showed us your beautiful furs in the sunlight. my favorite of these photos is you and daddy, you look so perfect and so tiny by your big daddy.... you don't know it yet but you have landed in doggy heaven

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That was a long trip! So glad you made it home OK and got to meet your new brothers. (I wish I had a new brother or sister. Maybe next summer.) My NC associate Angus B. Terrier came from the UK and traveled on a big jet all by himself across the Atlantic Ocean to be with his humans. I think I would have been terrified!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a good traveler Rosy. It's too bad you couldn't meet the Doods in the furs but you sure got some good snuggles from their mom. That sure was a long trip to your new home but we are sure you think it was all worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Puppy pictures! Puppy pictures! You are so adorable, Rosy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rosy what a wonderful trip to your furever home! You just melt our hearts every time we see you! You are a very smart girl to use your pee pads, peeps really like that (and it helps you to get away with other stuffs!)
    hugs
    Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a very long trip and you handled like a pro, Rosy! You are just too darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to read you had a good trip home. Glad you’re all settled in your furrever home. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Rosy that was an epic road trip.
    And human ankles are so much more comfortable and comforting than sleeping in a crate.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rosy, you were such a great traveler - we saw LOTS of trips in your future. Standing next to your Daddy's feet really lets us see how tiny you are. We bet you and your brothers are having a blast together.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great first travel adventure, sweet Rosy...you're as cute as a button and are gonna love your big brothers. They're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was quite the first road trip sweet Rosy but home was calling you sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are da cutest Rosy and your first Tongue Out Tuesday picsur was pawesome!! So glad you had a pretty good trip to your forever home :)

    xoxo,
    Matt & Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are so happy to be part of your GOTCHA story and there is NO WAY we would not have come to greet you to Blogville! Our mom shared your smells with us and we thought you smelled just pawfect! Also, mom told us about how you used the puppy pad and we were all very impressed!

    Your Uncle Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOWZA, that's quite the trip home! I didn't have nearly that long to go to get to my furever home. You were sure patient.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh we LOVED these pictures of you Rosey, you are such a little doll!!! We thought the picture of you laying on your back on your pink bed was so cute...and with your daddy, mom just thinks you are the best. We hope one day we get to meets cha.....stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an adventure and what a good girl you are! That was a looong trip! loved the photos! Had to laugh because your brothers look rather unsure about you, but I bet by now they are in love!
    DakotasDen

    ReplyDelete
  20. That was a very long journey! You handled it like a champion.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Rosey, what a good traveler you are for sure. We are so glad you found such a good home. We sure are going to enjoy seeing you grow up although you sure a cute puppy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is SO cute. It makes me want to another one (you know, 3 pugs aren't enough lol).

    ReplyDelete
  23. SQUEEEEE! Rosy, you have given me a MAJOR case of puppy fever! You are too darn cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yipee! You are so lucky to have M and S as you Uncles and to get to meet their mom! Wow! And, great job on sleeping in the big bed right away. You've got them wrapped around your paw, Rosy!

    You are so incredibly cute. I am looking forward to watching you grow up :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. So good that you enjoyed your trip Rosy! You sure will enjoy many fun adventures with your brothers.

    Love,

    Piappies Fudgie, Princess, Frappie, Mocha, Sugar, Wai-Max, Wai-Pai & Forgie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Welcome to your new home! You have the bestest brothers and pawrents!

    Abby Lab

    ReplyDelete
  27. hello rosy its dennis the vizsla dog hay that shoor wuz wun big adventchoor gitting from the mithikal land of yoo-tata all the way to the mithikal land of northern kalifornya!!! but that wuz sum impressiv wurk gitting into the bed at the hotel so gud job their!!! i think yoo ar alreddy showing yoo hav got wot it tayks to be the alpha girl for yore noo brothers!!! ok bye

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!