5/23/19

Nature Friday at Red Canyon - Arty

Hi everybuddy and welcome to Nature Friday!  In real life, I am still on the road and making memories with Mama and Daddy. But, through the magicals of the internet, I can be here with you too!



 I am wrapping up the Bryce Canyon Mini BAR posts with my favorite nature moments from our Mini BAR trip. 


 
I narrowed it down, and decided my most favorite part of the Mini BAR was the hike we went on Sunday morning at Red Canyon!!



It was my favorite mostly because I was with my beautimous, best gal Mabel!
(ok, maybe Rosy and Jakey were there too)



I have to admit tho, the scenery was pretty spectacular too!



Beautiful blue, blue skies against the colorful red rocks!




The rock faces were pretty magnificent...




...and there were hoodoos everywhere!
A hoodoo (also called a tent rock, fairy chimney, or earth pyramid) is a tall, thin spire of rock that protrudes from the bottom of an arid drainage basin or badland.




It was amazing, and a bit scary, walking along this trail because the hoodoos looked like they could fall over at any moment!




I wonder how Mother Nature formed an almost perfect circular top to the hoodoo above!




It was really nice to have lots of trees on this hike too. It was very sunny and the trees provided lots of shade along the trails and kept us from getting too warm!




Plus....we could catch up on all the wild life pee mail, BOL!!!





Thanks so much for joining us during the past few weeks as we recapped our Mini BAR adventures. 

Make sure to join me next week, on my birthday,  for a Fun edition of Final Nature Friday Fiction! 
(Final Friday Fiction hosted by YAM-Aunty, click HERE to see how you can join us!) 

 Show us your nature! It can be flowers, your current weather, a scene out of your window, or maybe a picture from a vacation, walk or other journey! Any kind of nature picture will do! If you don't see a link below, click HERE 
to our Hoppity Page

18 comments:

  1. oooh that is such a wonderful place... and it is hard to believe that the nature did it with it's own paws... so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari om
    That place is ETHEREAL!!! Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had never heard of a hoodoo until your canyon adventure, Arty. They are just spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous of your little BAR adventure. I hope at some point to join you. Mara says we will have to wait and see if she can afford it, but I think we should just go and see all of you and all of that beautiful scenery.

    Brom from NL

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful weather you had to explore on your walks. Traveling and seeing new places is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking us along to such a beautiful place. We can tell you all had a great time there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WooHoo Arty when you are with your special gal....everybuddy else is invisible. Love that photo. One of those hoodoos looks like a snowman. I tell you one thing that blue sky with the red rocks is absolutely breathtaking
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. did you find any mountain lion pee mail or bear mail? I wish I had been there with you four. I bet all the strangers you met in the most beautiful place, loved all of you. love the hoodoos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing scenery. Nature at it's most spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mother Nature does some amazing things, doesn't she? We're so glad you got to enjoy that with your Mabel (and your siblings!), and that you could share it with us too. ♥
    Jan & the crew at Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful place and I'm glad you let me come along. You are all so cute enjoying your adventure. It's good when the peeps take you along.

    Have a woof woof day and weekend. My best to your peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so glad that dogs are allowed to hike in Red Canyon. It is GORGEOUS. I love the hoodoos. I love the other incredibly intricate red rock formations that you captured so beautifully. And, of course, I love seeing you dogs all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Someday we want to see all that, too. And read the pee mail, of course. xox Xena and Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a beautiful place and I love the together pic with Mabel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was the bestest time together wasn't it Arty!
    xxoo
    Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  16. You dogs know all the best places to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful place. I felt like I was right there in the midst of all that red beauty.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!