4/8/20

Still Looking on the Sunny Side

As many of you noted in my post last week, the package I received from the man in brown was indeed a grooming table! Luckily, Mama says I will be sharing it. So neener nanner Rosy, you will have to be groomed at home too!




(before shot) 


So what we have here friends is a "good news, bad news" kinda thing. 

Good News: No more hanging out with a bunch of strangers waiting to get groomed
Good News: I'll be here to make fun of Rosy and Jakey while they get groomed
Good News: More quality Daddy and Mama time




(after shot)

Bad News: I still have to get groomed
Bad News: Mama and Daddy insist on touching my face 
Bad News: Daddy and I get into "disagreements" on how he should groom me
(this may be why Daddy has gloves on)


Both Jakey and I got our furs cut last weekend. Mama was holding me down snoopervising,  and so she couldn't take many pictures(thank DOG).

She did make this short video though....

You can watch it HERE on YouTube

In fact, most everything the pawrents learned about grooming, they learned from YouTube.  They found an  Andis Versa dog clipper kit, along with some fancy scissors, over at Chewy.com
(they are temporarily out of stock at Chewy...guess it's not just our groomer that is closed!)



Hey Mama, better get the vacuum cleaner. 
Daddy gots my hairs on the floor!!





Just LOOK at all these furs!!!



Overall, I am thankful to have such patient pawrents who put up with my shennanigans and get the hair out of my eyes....
(just don't tell them that...I do have a rep to maintain!)


As long as they don't have to groom me tooooo often!


Have you heard about the ISO-lympics on April 16th??
Thanks to Sweet William for the Badge!

Make sure to click HERE and transport over to Roxy, Bella's and Dui's place to read more. 





 We are joining Brian for the 
Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

23 comments:

  1. that is super cool to have the groomer and da dad in one person!!!! but we are glad our dad is not our groomer... we fear to end with too much duct tape LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, both Gail and I are awestruck at how calm you guys were with that horrid clipper machine buzzing away...
    But what we are really looking forward to is seeing your humans' attempts at grooming their own furs. Can you operate the video cam Arty?
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, we have one those things too. Don't remind my momma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dad and mom did an awesome job and you are looking even more handsome, Arty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    Jakey almost looked like he was enjoying that... you, Arty, not so much - but the after effects are fine!!! hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom says she would be afraid to have us on a grooming table at home because we might jump off and hurt our necks. She works on our furs now and then with the stripping brush, but doesn't like to do it too much, and we make it really difficult, so we will be looking shaggy for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for cheering me up, I am down and not feeling happy.. your post lifted my spirits, the video is a hoot. Jakey you were soooo good... and wow, are you making a pillow with all that fur? the world will be changed when we reopen, and groomers may be out of a job...

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMDs...your Dad is multitalented. Oh dear Arty so you are saying you must be handled with kid gloves? BOL BOL BOL. Sorry I could not resist. Jakey you and Arty look most handsome. I look forward to seeing how my niece Rosy handles her grooming.
    Dad of Angel Madi is not much on having his eyes messed with either. When he had cataract surgery, we too had to agree to disagree. 3 sets of Drops 3 times a day for 2 weeks then 2 sets of drops 3 times a day for 2 more weeks. We had to repeat that with his 2nd surgery.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD...... I can't look! I gotta hop over to another bloggie so Mom doesn't see dis postie and get any ideas.
    Wags,
    Ranger

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dad did a great job on you Arty (and Jakey too). We're glad we don't have furs that needs to be trimmed regularly. Our mom is worried about her fur cut though. She keeps her hair short and usually gets it cut every 4 weeks. It will be fun to see how she handles all that hair in her eyes. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you did pretty darn good, and like you said, no waiting and waiting somewhere else! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeeeeeeesh, I'm so glad I have my short Boxer fur and don't need skeery clippers buzzing all around me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jakey. You DO like being groomed, there's no denying it now. Arty, you'd better behave before your pawrents buy a muzzle! Can't wait to see Rosy on the table. You Dad does great job! Xox Lucy and Xena

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dad did a great job, but I disagree that mom wasn't any help. She was working the camera. She was working too.

    Have a woof woof Thursday. My best to your peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. The problem now, is you can be 'grabbed' at any moment. That's what happens here. Bella was the victim yesterday....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Dad did a great job!! Maybe he has a new vocation in his future? :)
    Jan & the crew at Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post. Your Dad did such a great job and with your grooming session. Have a fantastic rest of your day and keep up these fun posts.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sunny side up is how I like my eggs.............
    That has nothing to do with the post............
    Dad did a good job..............................

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is a good thing you got the table. Our groomer is closed Who know what we will look like when they open. We could be hideous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Mom and dad have to do our nails themselves now, mom says it wasn't horrible but we beg to differ
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's one super grooming table and your dad did a pawsome job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lulu: "That IS a lot of fur! I wonder if I could generate that much ..."
    Chaplin: "I think you could manage."
    Charlee: "Hey guess what Arty? Our Dada says he was thinking about maybe getting a set of those grooming clippers FOR HIMSELF. I guess it's not just dogs who aren't getting their grooming in these days!"

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!