4/22/20

Thankful for Heroes!

 
Arty here today to give a big thank you to the hero dogturs who have been taking care of me! As most of you know, I have had eye issues for awhile now. After my trip to the eye dogtur in February, Mama thought we had everything under control. Then, 2 weeks ago, my eyes started getting watery, and I started squinting more than usual. My allergies have been pretty bad this season, so Mama kept an "eye on my eyes" so to speak, to make sure they didn't get any worse. Then, last week, when Mama was giving me a bath, she noticed a discoloration and a small, inflamed red spot on my eye.


Mama called my regular dogtur immediately and told her about my eye. They scheduled an appointment for me the next day***. When we got to the Dogtur's Office, Mama checked in by calling the office. A few minutes later, the Vet Tech came out to take me to see the dogtur while Mama waited in the car. Mama didn't like waiting in the car, but understood she had to do her part to make sure all humans stay healthy. After taking a look at my eyes, my dogtur took lots of pictures and texted them to my eye dogtur. Then she called Mama, and told her I had ulcers in my eyes.  We went home with some eye drops and directions for Mama to call and make and appointment fr me to see my eye dogtur. 

The next morning, before Mama had even finished her morning coffee, the eye dogtor called to schedule an appointment for the very next day! It seems, the previous evening, my eye dogtur and local dogtur had been talking about how bad my eyes were . They decided the sooner I got to the eye dogtur's office the better!




Very early the next morning,  Mama and I went to Medford to see my eye dogtur. It was a beautimous day, so we enjoyed the relaxing three and a half hour drive through the mountains. When we got to the eye dogtur's office, we repeated the same process as we did at my local dogturs office.  

The eye dogtur determined I had multiple Stromal Corneal Ulcers.  I had two choices, eye surgery where I would have to be sleeping while they fixed my ulcer, or a more non-evasive procedure where the dogtur used tissue glue and contact lenses to fix my ulcers. Mama and I decided to go with the non-evasive procedure. It was quick, and pretty painless and we were on our way back home in an hour or so. She scheduled another appointment in a week.



That was last Thursday. So today, Mama and I are on our way back to Oregon. When we get there, the eye dogtur will look and make sure my eyes are healing up.  If they aren't healing as well as she likes, I may need to have the big surgery. We think I am doing much better, but I'll make sure to keep you updated!



Mama and I want to thank my local dogtur(and their office) and my eye dogtur(and her office) for going above and beyond duty and helping to get my eyes fixed so quickly amid all the CDC/COVID-19 restrictions! 

Vets and their staff are heroes too!!




From Mama:
***During this time of COVID-19, our Vets are only seeing urgent care and emergency patients along with giving rabies shots. Every Vet's office is different. It's always a good idea to check with your Vet's office to see what their policy is during the crisis to be prepared, in case you have an emergency.




 We are joining Brian for the 
Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

26 comments:

  1. oh we hope for good news today and we are so happy that your dogturs acted immediately and helped your eye. we agree with you vet visits are not easy this time, so we hope hope hope that we will not need da vet during the lockdown time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Arty - this is excellent news, both that you have such wonderful peeps who are willing to take care of you during this strange time for hyoomans... and that it seems their work is working!!! POTP continues for you from over here. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Arty, this eye thing sounds nasty, and we are so relieved that you are getting good and prompt treatment.
    Take care, little man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have my mom squirming in her chair, Arty. Eye issues make her weak but we're so happy to hear that you have a plan and we just love your smile in that last photo! We send you lots of healing vibes and a hug for your mom♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. We sure hope your eyes are getting better and you don't need surgery. Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arty, I hope you will feel and see better very soon. Fingers crossed everything worked the way it should, so you don't have to have big surgery.

    Big klem

    ReplyDelete
  7. Arty I've been keeping your eye health in my purrs and I will add extra purrs today that your road trip ends with excellent news that non-invasive is WORKING!!
    Hugs to you and Mama on your trip and to the very special Dogturs in Medford.
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are sure glad your eyes are doing some better Arty and we're all sending POTP your way. You sure have most wonderful Dogturs. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping and praying for good news from your Dogters in Medford.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great dogtors you have Arty. We're keeping our paws crossed that your eyes heal completely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you're doing better and I hope the procedure worked and you don't need the big surgery. Your mom rocks for watching you closely. I'm thankful for that.

    Have a woof woof Thankful Thursday. My best to your sibling and your peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. so sorry sweet Arty, i hope the visit today finds your eyes are healing and NO BIG surgery is needed. prayers for you and Mama... hugs to both of you..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Our angel Miss Ginger had lots of eye problems and became blind by the time she was about 7 years old. But that didn't bother her a bit. She still lead the way on walkies and bossed everyone else around. Good luck with your eye problems Arty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like you are making great progress, Arty. We have our paws crossed that you continue to do well with the help of your pawsome healthcare team.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Arty - we are sending purrayers and POTP to make sure you continue to heal up ! What a great job by all your dogtors and your Mama for chauffering you !

    ReplyDelete
  16. That all sounds very scary, Arty. We are so thankful that you have such caring parents who got you the care you needed right away. We hope the noninvasive procedure did the trick. Lightning has corneal mineral dystrophy in his right eye that has progressed into about half of his eye. Mom has to watch for signs of corneal ulcers on him too. So far, so good.

    Woos, Lightning and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are glad Arty is getting the care he needs. Our vet is only doing emergency right now too. Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you could have it done quickly.....sorry, about the cone of shame, though. We're sending POTP that everything goes according to plan!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The non evasive procedure seems like the best to us. We are praying for you buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Arty, sounds like your Moms and the pawsome dogtors have gots a good plan my furiend! It seems all the vetties have the same procedure with the stayin' in the car, and calling for pick up. Ma just got an email today sayin' that I am due for my 6 month check-up at the end of next month, and they are doing those. Ma would love to be in there to talk face-mask to face-mask with the vettie too, butts I guess this is how it's gonna be for a while, huh? I likes it! I gets to have the place all to myself likes I like it! BOL! Anyhu, I am glads your pawsome dogtors gots you the help you needed right away, and I gots my paws crossed that this will work, and you won't have to have the surgicals. POTP comin' your way, with lots and lots of AireZens!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Paws crossed that the appt went well today Arty
    sending you all my love and hugs
    Mabel
    Hilda too

    ReplyDelete
  22. Phew, it sounds like things are working out well! Paws crossed for a good report today!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sure hope the non-invasive procedure did the trick, Arty. Eye problems are always an emergency! And we like your really cool cone. You wear it well. XOX Xena and lucy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lulu: "I'm glad you were able to get in to see your regular vet AND your eye vet, Arty! I am sending lots of tail wags that the magic contact lenses work and you feel better soon!"
    Charlee: "And we Hipsters send purrs!"

    ReplyDelete
  25. We are so glad you've had such wonderful people to take care of you, Arty. ♥
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!