5/2/22

Happy to Answer Some Questions!


We're here today to answer a few questions and comments that have come from our readers in the past couple of weeks! With all the new things happening around here, sometimes WE even have questions!
 
Some of you asked about our fencing buddies! 
Our main fencing buddies(the ones you saw us running with) are 3 German Shepherd mixes that live behind us. We know one of the shepherds is named Spirit, we'll fill you in on the other names as we learn them.  We also are big fencing buddies with the three terrierists and chihuahua that live next door.  For some reason, Mama does NOT like us fencing with them because she says between all of us barking, we might make the neighborhood deaf!!
We also do a little fencing with the dalmation that lives next to the our terrierist friends and the three Lhasas that live next to our Shepherd friends...We are never bored around here!!


 
Some of you wonder how Jakey is doing.  He is enjoying semi retirement, although he still loves getting treats even when he doesn't have to wear clothes!! He is having some kidney issues but still loves to eat treats and sniff around outside. We are enjoying every day we have with him!
 

 
 Some of you wonder why I can't get along with Jakey....I say it might be a good idea for Mama to explain this one. I don't pick on him ALL the time, just sometimes I get mad at him(and Rosy). 
All I know is I get to go to a personal trainer and maybe he'll give me cheese like Nobby gets when he's in training!

From Mama: Sunny has always had some kind of dominance issue when it comes to the pack. We don't know if this is inherent or if it was caused by the "Arty issues".  Now that we are in a more populated area, we have found a well regarded  animal behaviorist that we hope can help us get to the heart of Sunny's issues. He has a blog/website that  I have followed for awhile and he seems very capable. He is also a Vet, so he can prescribe meds if needed. His name is Dr. Jeff Nichols, you can read more about his practice HERE
We lucked out, and he had a cancellation, so we get to go in tomorrow for our first visit. We'll keep you up to date on Sunny's progress!
 
 
 
 

 As for me, Rosy, I am the happiest girl ever! I am hunting bunnies, and have discovered there are also LIZARDS here for me to hunt(well, to chase)...I am  staying very, very, VERY busy! I really have enjoyed our move here to New Mexico!

I wanted to answer Aunty Sandra's question about our feeties getting hot on the flagstones. Well, Mama only takes pictures of us in the morning and the evening of us outside...and so the flagstones are pretty cool then! We spend most of the middle of the day inside napping or running around fencing on the grass, stones and dirt!

We are always happy to answer questions, and for some reason Blogger doesn't always like when we try to answer them in the comments....So let us know if you have any other questions and we'll be more than happy to answer them!
 
 
 
  
We are joining Sandee at  Comedy Plus for the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop this week!
 




 
 
 

21 comments:

  1. Sounds like ya have some good barking there! I miss getting to see bunnies - but I has seen jackrabbits here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased to hear that Jakey is still doing well. As for Sunny - best of luck with the trainer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we laughed as we read about da deaf hood...sounds familiar to us LOL all the good luck for the training, we cross all paws for lots of progess...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    Oh that was a wonderfurs post - it could almost become a monthly feature... it tells us so much more about what is happening around and about you; Jakey looks very content, Rosy, I believe you are glowing... and Sunny - Dr Jeff looks and sounds lovely and I sure hope you listen to him and find that life can be much happier for you as well as your furmily! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay for answered questions. We can't walk on our flagstones in the middle of the day or our roads either. give a few hugs to Jakey from me. Love you Jakey. this sounds good, the new vet I mean. Hachi is doing really good with his behaviorist, hope you will too... hugs and kisses to both of you two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for answering all those questions. We sure hope Dr. Jeff can help Sunny have a sunnier disposition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First I must say your neighborhood has gone to the dogs....in a VERY VERY GOOD way.
    Thank you for so many wonderful answers, Having been owned by a mighty mini dachshund whose BARK sounded like a Great Dane. He barked lots of suggestions to us on how to make his life better. BOL BOL
    Rosy you look very cute as always
    What a wonderful discovery you had with Dr. Jeff. I hope and purr his magic works miracles so Sunny can be more comfortable with her surroundings and siblings.
    Aunty Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it that you have fence buddies. Always fun to talk with your neighbors.

    Love all the questions and all the answers.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Scritches all around and my best to your peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh ~ fence buddies ~ fun! ~ Great q&a's ~ and your photos are awesome! Love you ~ Xo

    Wishing you love and laughter in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fence buddies sound like fun to me but I have a funny feeling that my mom would feel the same way about too much noise. We hope your trainer can help you out a lot, Sunny! Enjoy your semi-retirement, Jakey!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those were interesting answers to those questions. We're glad that Jakey is doing okay and we hope the good Doctor is able to help the adorable Sunny. You always look like a happy girl sweet Rosy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lulu: "Thanks for filling us in on all the details of your new place!"
    Java Bean: "You sure get in a LOT of fencing there! There's not much going on outside our fence here in my new house. Although sometimes the neighbor dog gets loose and then we get to bark at him."
    Lulu: "And don't forget the coyotes, Java Bean."
    Java Bean: "I try to forget the coyotes every chance I get actually."

    ReplyDelete
  13. We hope your two can get along. It would make your parents very happy

    ReplyDelete
  14. We used to run the fence with some small dogs next door, but they got old and disappeared. Now we have two dogs behind us but we don't really care much about them. Fence running is fun. We still bark and howl a lot even without fence buddies so our neighborhood knows we are out protecting everyone. Good luck at your appt. Sunny. We had a bad experience with a well known behaviorist around here a few years ago, so Mom decided to figure it out on her own and so far it is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Xena: My lizards are all gone. That makes me sad. The snake ate them last year. Wow, lots and lots to bark at about!
    Chia: I get it, Sunny. I want to be in charge, too. The only problem is I'm the smallest and it can be hard being me.
    Lucy: Hi Jakey. It's good to take it easy. Do all the things you enjoy and none of the ones you don't!
    XOX Lucy, Chia, and Xena

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on landing a spot with the behaviorist. I think Sunny and Elsa are a lot alike; she continues to periodically bully Norman who's big enough to swat her into next week (silly girl!). We've had some success with redirecting her crabbishness and hope you are able to experience success. Thanks for sharing info about your fencing buddies. With all those dogs in the neighborhood, it sounds like things are lively.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! You sure have a lot of doggie neighbors! We wish Chester wouldn't bark at other dogs and kids when he's outside.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for enlightening us, I found your answers cool and interesting

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am trying to catch up with my blog reading - I am way behind.
    Thanks for the up date on Jakey, the girls and your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I understand Sunny as I have some dominance issues of my own. I'm the smallest of the pack, but I want to always be the boss. Madison

    ReplyDelete
  21. We have our paws crossed Dr. Jeff can help you Sunny girl. I think you and Elsa are a lot alike and I'm learning how to see the warning signs before there are troubles. In any event, all 3 of you guys are such cuties and hope everyone can at least be civilized. Extra ear rubs for Jakey with a digital treat thrown in for good measure. Give that boy a hug from us.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!