9/1/22

Nature Muse Friday

 
 Remember my Window Daydreaming Poem from last week? I mentioned that it was based on a true story and today I want to share the muses behind the poem. 

 I want to mention that, whenever Mama is in her office working, I can be found doing one of two things. If it's been a long morning of hunting lizards, I'll be napping.
BUT, if it has been a slow morning in the backyard, you can find  me  at the office window doing a bit of  "window hunting"!
 
Now, let's get to the muses I used for last week!
 
 The first line: 
As I look out the window what did I see,
A big silly bunny looking at me!
 
 Just look at him peeking at me....
 
 
 
Does he think I can't see him?? Well, I tell you, I made sure he knew I was there with a few sharp barkies(before Mama made me stop)!
 
 
The next line:
"Next to the bunny, with his cute little crown,
A quail searches for bugs, his tail a deep brown!"
 
 We are so blessed to be able to see these little guys throughout the year.
 

 Mama and I like to giggle at them as they walk by. They are the fastest waddlers we have ever seen!
 
Next we have:
On the purple flower, closer to me
A bumble bee buzzes.....

 Can you see the buzzy bee?

Finally we have?
"and what else do I see?
 A goldy finch perching on top of the tree!"
 
Mama says technically this is a lesser Goldy finch...

 
Whatever Mama, he sure is pretty!
 

 Dang! That crazy bunny is still out there!!
 
 
 
I bet he would give me a run for my money through the neighborhood. If only Mama would let me chase him! 


 
 Yeah Mama, I know, keep on window dreaming!


We hope you all get out to enjoy some nature during this first weekend of September!
 
 

Show us your nature! It can be flowers, your current weather, a scene out of your window, or maybe a picture from a vacation, walk or other journey! Any kind of nature picture will do! If you don't see the link below, click HERE  to go to our Hoppity Page.
 
 

15 comments:

  1. Layla is jealous of you and what you see out of your window she also wants to see bunnies and birds, love the muse and thanks for blog hop. Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to be able to view all that wonderful wildlife from your window. The quail is a quirky looking guy and how I would love to see him waddle by.
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    Rosy, this is beyond excellent!!! Can I confess to you, that I got all excited thinking that is not actually a Goldfinch and went checking my field guides and noted it is the Lesser Goldfinch... only THEN scroll past to see that your mama knew this and was telling you that already!!! With Love hugs and wags from your silly-old, bird-obsessed, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The nature and flowers in your back yard are wonderful, Rosy. Love that quail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those rabbits love to tease us pups! We try to get out the window, but it never works for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a lot of wildlife out one window. wow! Beau would love to watch any or all of these amazing critters. he would like to sit by you and discuss what you see... you live in a wildlife preserve

    ReplyDelete
  7. Niece Rosy....OMDs I truly enjoyed your day dreaming and window watching!! Bunnies have at all of our petunias this spring and summer. We are taking them off the potting list next yeart.
    What a fan-tab-uolous world you have. Sending hugs to the entire family for a fine fun weekend.
    Hugs Aunty C

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure can see lots of different things from that window. We think those quail are so cute. Maybe your mom can get a video of them waddling around the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Charlee: "Birds."
    Chaplin: "Birds."
    Lulu: "SQUIRREL WITH LONG EARS!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such entertainment and I know you want to chase all those critters. Moms not going to let you though. I wouldn't either.

    Beautiful flowers.

    Have a woof woof day and weekend. Scritches all around and my best to your peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh you are one adorable puppy and what great nature critters you get to see ~ Wow

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days ~

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  12. No wonder you love your new yard sweet Rosy, you've sure got lots of fun critters to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Rosy, we really are like twinsies! I love to chase lizards too, and watch for them and other critters (even those walking by on a leash) and bark at them all until Mommy yells, "Xena! Shut up!" from way downstairs in the grooming room. BOL! XOX Xena

    ReplyDelete
  14. Window hunting is great preparation for the real thing.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!