7/27/23

FFF-The Sea and Me

  
Welcome to the wonderful Friday each month where Nature Friday comes together with YAM Aunty's FFF!!  Make sure to visit YAM Aunty HERE to get the Rulez and join the FFF fun!!


The Sea and Me
by Rosy

We have an understanding, the sea and me,
For it is one place I'll never be.
I'll appreciate its beauty, there is no doubt
But I'll do it from the comfort of my comfy couch.

I do love fishies, I must say
but I take them stuffed, and mostly for play
Sometimes I utter a little bark
When Daddy and I play with my squeaky shark.

You see the sea is wet, and this may sound smug,
but it reminds me of sitting in a bath tub!
In closing I'll say, although some won't agree
Until the sea is dry, it will never see me.


Show us your nature! It can be flowers, your current weather, a scene out of your window, or maybe a picture from a vacation, walk or other journey! Any kind of nature picture will do! If you don't see a link below, click HERE  to go to our Hoppity Page.



14 comments:

  1. Well Rosy, that is a clever poem but I'm afraid I have to disagree with you about the appeal of the sea. Sea means beaches and beaches mean fun!
    Toodle-oo!
    Nobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a super sea poem, we love it!!! it could be the new arielle song...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Well done Rosy, that was an excellent offering for our joint day!!! I hope to be back posting for NF by next week - by hook or by crook... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your poem, Rosy. I wish one day that I could visit the beach and the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great poem. We are not big fans of swimming either, but on super hot days if we find "good, clean" water, we don't mind going into the lake or pond to lie down for a second to get wet and cool off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said, Ms Rosy ... from a beloved author, there are many "gifts from the sea" and let us all hope we do not lose them ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beau and I feel the same way. we like to LOOK but not get in..

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great poem, Rosy. We totally agree about getting wet too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh NIECE Rosy you share Aunty C's no sea DNA. I don't like to get in any body of water unless I can CLEARLY 'sea' my feet. I do love to watch the waves as they break on the shore and wade in the water as it breaks. I love to seaing sea shells too. Bravo on that wonderful poem
    Hugs and happy weekend
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lulu: "Our Dada is not a fan of being on the sea, either! Something about getting sick and throwing up ..."

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a clever poem and Layla woofs she agrees the sea will never see her, she will be happy to sit on the beach and smell the sea but that is as far as it gets. I love the sea though LOL but do not go because I cannot leave her on the beach alone. Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. My mom says she wants to make sure her feet to touch the bottom so she never goes out into the ocean beyond walking through the shoreline. Have a pup-tacular Shark Week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was really good sweet Rosy and you're the cutest shark ever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. BOL, I agree, and it'll never see me! (either) Love your poem, Rosy! We all love fishies too...in our dinner bowls! XOX Xena

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!