9/4/23

Hollywood in Las Vegas, NM?

 
We are so happy we got to visit  "other Las Vegas", it sure is a quaint little town with lots of history.



Seems like we weren't the first ones to feel the draw of this little town either.  Las Vegas is one of the oldest Hollywood Film locations in the Southwest.


They have been filming movies in Las Vegas, NM since the silent film era!  Tom Mix, a cowboy actor from the early 1900s, called Las Vegas NM his favorite film location!



Other movies filmed in Las Vegas were Easy Rider, No Country for Old Men and Red Dawn, just to name a few.



One of the more recent shows to be filmed in this area(and all around New Mexico) is one the pawrents
watched.....
They thought it was filmed in Wyoming...but, as proved in this picture
they took off the LV PLaza, it was filmed here in Las Vegas!



Longmire started out as an A&E show, but moved to Netflix. 
The pawrents recommend it highly!
(Mama also recommends the Walt Longmire Mystery series of books by Craig Johnson).


If you are movie buffs like Mama, you might enjoy this older video
Mama found on YouTube about Las Vegas and the movies.


We sure did enjoy our visit to the Historic "Other Las Vegas", thanks for joining us! New Mexico has so many beautiful places to visit and we can't wait to explore them all(and show them to you)! 



We are joining Sandee at Comedy Plus for the 
Happy Tuesday Blog Hop this week!

15 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh I remember watching Longmire! And I think I recognise some of those streets... and will definitely know them when they turn up on my screen again!!! Thanks galdogs. Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh even easy rider? how great is that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no desire to see the Big Las Vegas, but now I have a burning desire to visit this Las Vegas. My Dad was born in 1913 and his most favorite of all cowboys was Tom Mix, he went to see Toms movies over and over and I assume that is why I am a huge fan of Westerns, but not the new ones made now. I love Longmire and have seen that building. I had no idea this Las Vegas even existed. thanks for all the info.. if i had a bucket list this would be at the top of the list. I would hope if i ever got there you would be there at the same time. I saw Longmire on netflix, thanks for the reminder

    ReplyDelete
  4. The two Las Vegas places are complete opposites. We love the old town and how quiet it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Tom Mix will make Bryan smile. He loves old Westerns.
    As for me, I love(d) Longmire. OMDs I was so upset when they stop airing it on regular network.
    Now that we have Paramount I'm hoping it will eventually air without extra charge.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the history lesson on the film side of LV, NM. Maybe if you girls hang out there long enough someone will cast you in a film or TV show!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful little town with so much history. We loved the video!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lulu: "I can see why they would film there, that town has 'Western' written all over it!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know any of this. Thank you for the history lesson.

    We loved Longmire. What a great show that was.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. Scritches to the pups and my best to the peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Great place and info ~ I love the Longmire series ~ have watched it 4 times ~ lol

    Wonderful photos of you sweet doggie travelers ~ Xo

    Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  11. As I was scrolling through I recognized the town from Longmire.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cool!!! Sounds like a super fun place to visit.

    xoxo,
    Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for all that interesting info about the Original Las Vegas! What a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was fun! We learned a lot from your tour sweet girls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks like a very clean, well-kept town. Glad y'all got to see it in person. It does make for great memories, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!