4/27/17

Flower Friday - Changing Seasons

Happy Flower Friday!! 
Mama here this week too talk about the change in seasons...along with some changes coming to our blog. One of my photography projects/goals on my other blog this year is to take a picture of the local Sequoia Gardens once a month to document the seasonal changes. Above are January through April.  As you can see, in April, the beautiful weeping Japanese Cherry Tree started to bloom, really adding color to the gardens! I like to think Dory had a bit of influence to make this happen!




This Columbine  has seen better days....and is a bit worse for wear.




I can relate and I have to say I feel a lot like it does some days, a bit ragged around the edges. I've been a bit lost blogging lately, trying to find Arty and Jakey's voices while living without having my gal pal and her silly smiley.



 
But, like this bright yellow Columbine, I know that I will bloom again...I just need to take some time and regroup.





I am looking forward to spending a week with Jakey and Arty(and my hubby) and sharing a fun adventure with them.






 
Like this first purple columbine blossom, we are starting with one thing at a time. For now, you will probably notice our Blogger Signature has changed to Da DB Boys(DB short for Dory's Backard). I'm still working on our Wordpress and Disqus signatures, but they should be changed over soon.




 
Dory will still live in our hearts and shower her angel love like the petals of this Japanese Cherry Tree and, as I update our About Us page, I will be adding a Tribute Page for our sweet girl.




 
Hmmmmm, help??? Yellow violet or yellow pansy...???
In the next month, Dory's Backyard will transform into Da DB Boyz as Arty and Jakey find their voices(with Bilbo to add his two cents).  I want to thank all of you for helping me through the past three weeks. Keeping focused on Spring Break and Blogville has helped me more than you will every know.




Although we have a Saturday and Sunday post coming up, The Hubby, Boyz(Arty and Jakey) and I will be adventuring the wilds of Washington while Bilbo is showered with tons of love by Nanny Ally.


Jakey wants to assure everyone that he will be here next Friday to host the next Spring Installment of Flower Friday!!

Post pictures of your flowers and hop aboard the Winter Flower Friday Blog Hop! They can be flowers blooming in your area now or your favorite pictures of flowers from a Spring or Summer memory!!
(click HERE if the hope link doesn't show up to be transported to our Hoppity Page)

22 comments:

  1. Such purdy flowers!

    We posted 'bout Brinny's birthday... but we'll do a flower post later today.


    luv ya,

    Finley & Brinley

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a little bit like magic to see how fast mother nature can change our gardens :O)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Yes had notice the siggy and think it is just fine for the next stage in your lives! So glad you are getting a break away.

    As to the question; definitely pansy. Why? Pansies have four petals that point upward and one that points downward; violets have three petals that point upward and two that point downward. Simple! Blessings to you all. YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Columbines are so delicate and beautiful! Hugs to you♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Safe and happy travels. Love the idea of photographing the changes in the garden over time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post Beth...it is perfect such pretty flowers. The pink tree in the Sequoia park is so Dory!! I know what you mean about finding 'voices' for Jakey and Arty, I have no doubt they will be talking their heads off with excitement this next week. Arty will be directing events just as a mayor should and Jakey will be finding all kinds of beautiful flowers for us.

    Hugs safe travels and have enough fun for all of Blogville. We'll be with you in spirit
    Hugs Madi and Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers were beautiful. Enjoy your trip, it sounds great!
    Given time I promise you'll find the boys voices and your new normal.
    ~Hugs Margret

    ReplyDelete
  8. We'd taken a blogging break due to computer issues so we missed all the news about Dory. We are so very sorry. I'm glad you will be continuing to blog with the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the idea of the 4 months and the changes, can see small changes in each one.. who is keeping Bilbo while you are gone? did I miss that? your heart is still missing your heart dog and will for a long time, you are doing beautifully with Arty and Jakey and the transition. gorgeous flowers, all of them

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty flowers! Life does always carry on, if not in exactly the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The columbine might be a bit beat up but that is a beautiful photo! Kinda like a metaphor
    of life!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing wrong with a post from da Mama when it is as sweet and love-filled as this one. We think of you often as we so understand getting acclimated to such a big loss. Your photos are just so beautiful. We think you should have a regular Mama Post:)

    Woos - Lightning and Misty

    ReplyDelete
  13. The flowers are beautiful!

    We're glad you're starting to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty flowers! Talk about change of seasons, there's snow forecast for us tonight. Just when he flowers were coming out. Oh well...Springtime in the Rockies. Always the adventure.
    P.S. we couldn't put our whole name (Tails Around the Ranch)in thus the shortened name "Tails"-it only allowed for 15 characters.😇

    ReplyDelete
  15. We noticed today that despite the snow we just got - our one ground cover is still covered in blooms. the only flowers we have here. The snow crab is just about ready to burst into flowers - hope the cold snap doesn't affect that. Enjoy your adventure!!!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous flowers...as usual. Love the seasonal changes. 2°C/35.6°F (2° sounds colder) this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beth, I think these blogs and this community helps us all, in one way or another. I had little furry visitors that helped some last September and continuing until Lucy showed up. We are still working on her voice too, so I understand.

    Please give dear Bilbo a treat from me <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. We love the change of seasons! And understand the change to Da DB Boyz. Dory will always be a part of you - and we know she would have loved that PINK cherry tree!!!!!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are all such beautiful flowers. We hope you and the boyz have a great vacation and we can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So glad you are finding your way. I still get misty eyed every time I think of Dory. Enjoy your vacation! Columbine and pansy are two of my favorites :)
    luvs
    Marty's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such lovely flowers. I don't believe I have gotten back to my norm blogging since Ginger passed last year. It does take some time but I am glad you are finding your way. Have a lovely vacation in Washington :)

    xoxo,
    Bell Fur Zoo Mama

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!