9/25/19

Thankful for Furrever Homes on #RememberMeThursday


Jakey here today to help "Shine a Light" on shelter animals all over the world on #RememberMeThursday


The Gang decided I would be the pawfect pup to help spotlight #RememberMeThursday because I was the first rescue pup here at LLB. Take it from me shelters can be scary places and, although shelters try their best by keeping homeless pets safe with full bellies, the best place for abandoned or lost pets is in a furr-ever home!



Sometimes I wonder what happened to all the pups and kitties who were abandoned or never had a home.  Did you know that 3.3 million pups entered shelters in 2018?? But even more eye opening is out of 3.3 million, only 1.6 million pups are adopted from shelters each year...It's sad to think of what happens to the rest of these pups.   


There is good news though, the number of shelter intakes has actually gone down in the past 10 years due to rescue organizations and more peeps heading to shelters to adopt. Not only that, but with Deleware passing a law to make it a "No Kill" state,  Mama hopes it is only a matter of time before the USA becomes a "No Kill" country! I'm not sure what that all means but Mama says your peeps may have an idea.



We hope we have helped shine a bit of knowledge today about shelter pets, and I can't express how thankful I am to have found a furrever home.  Our biggest wish here at LLB is that one day all pets will have Furrever homes,  and there won't be a need for Animal Shelters.



Stay tuned next week for information 
about our No Tricks, Just Treats Blog Hop to help shelters 
and rescue organizations. 



 We are joining Brian for the 
Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!



19 comments:

  1. that's our wish too... homes for all and a fair chance for all in need...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Thank you Jakey, that was a worthy post today - and I so love LLB's annual TorT-drive for shelter charities; bring it on!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We wish the very same thing - all pets need loving forever homes♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. We feel bad for those furry ones in shelters. Over the years, Mom has adopted her first dog, all her cats, and a couple rabbits from shelters. If we ever get more cats, they will be from a shelter. Hope many shelter pets find new homes today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're glad you landed in the perfect forever home for you Jakey. If it weren't for a rescue group we wouldn't be where we are today either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jakey - all of my dogs are/were rescues. WHen I brought them home they acted as if they always lived with me. Some were older and weren't with me long, but they had a great life with me. I still look at their pictures and smile. My current fella, Alex, has been with me for 8 years. I have no idea how old he is, because we was rescued from the streets of Trenton, NJ. He is my shadow and I am so happy with him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jakey this is such a fine fine posts. Well done handsome friend.

    Someday somewhere I hope and prayer all humans will learn that Pets are furEVER not a passing phase they are going thru...AND for each state to have NO Kill shelters.
    Just last night on our news we heard about a Pig sanctuary near us. They are overrun with
    'potbelly' mini, teacup piggies...that stupid people adopt w/o doing research and then
    when the piggy is no longer mini or teacup and the potbelly is huge they decide they don't want them. So said...
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are thankful that we found you. We love you all.

    Have a woof woof Thankful Thursday. My best to your peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was a beautiful post Jakey, we sre are the lucky ones. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many pets like you with so much love to give. We hope this day reminds people to get to their local shelter and find that special love too. ♥
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  11. We adopted a three year old cat yesterday afternoon. She is still getting used to her new surroundings. She already loves my hubby. We’ll slowly introduce her to our other pets, another younger adopted kitty and a shelter dog & two Golden Retrievers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a grreat post, Jakey! Shelters and rescues do the bestest work ever to help needy pups, kitties, and other animals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Jakey, we share your wish. We think you found the perfect furrever home and you are right be be thankful.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We think you are a perfect spokesdog for adoption. We would love to be a no-kill state!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You found the perfect home Jakey and we too hope all pets will find there forever homes
    hugs
    Mabel & Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're the 'pawfect' spokes-pup for this campaign, Jakey!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lulu: "I agree with Jakey, shelters are scary places! I didn't know what to do when I was brought to the shelter. And then for a while after I got adopted I was so scared I would go back that I shivered and trembled the whenever I was in the car."
    Charlee: "We do that too, but it's because we're cats and we hate going places."
    Chaplin: "She's right."
    Lulu: "Anyway, we three shelter pets contribute our tail wags, woofs, and purrs to you, spokes-pup Jakey, and we too hope all the shelter pets find forever homes like we all did!"

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!