7/16/20

Trillium, Elk and Oceans Oh My!

Arty here today on another beautiful Nature Friday!! Today, as pawmised, here are a few of my favorite moments from my Mama and Me road trips to the Eye Dogtur!  I asked Mama to put together a little map to give you an visual of our travels!



Mama really enjoys this road trip because it covers everything from the forest to the ocean and itty bitty towns to more hustling and bustling towns...Plus, there is virtually NO traffic anywhere along the way!
 Now...let's get to the highlights!


My first appointment was way back in March, right after the whole human COVID thing. We had a few beautiful early Spring morning rides through the Redwood forest...The gray mist makes everything look soooo green!!



The forest drive is also a great place to spot Mama's favorite wildflowers, Trillium! Trillium blooms in the mid to late Spring here in our forest, so we had the chance to see quite a few of these beauties!


Although there are many different varieties of Trillium, we mostly just see this tri-petal beauty in white. Mama did spot some deep red Trillium, but couldn't find a place to pull over and take pictures.



I'll really miss stopping at my favorite rest stop along the Rogue River! It was always nice to take a long walkie listening to the river running just out of site(it's right on the other side of the bramble bush). Mama was VERY thankful for this rest area because it was the only potty place open on our whole(3.5-4 hour) ride during the height of the pandemic!!



On our last trip, we even got to see some elk!! Elk come out at sunrise and sunset to feed on the lush greenery.  We even sometimes see them resting in meadows during the heat of the day.




Mama and I worry because these guys aren't even phased by all the cars going by!! We always worry a truck, or other crazy human will be speeding by and not see these gorgeous giants grazing on the side of the road.




Of course, no trip would be complete without a stop by my ocean on the way home....



It was the perfect way to relax after an eye dogtur appointment!



Thanks so much for joining me today as I reminisced about my Mama and Me road trips. Paws crossed our next road trip doesn't involve any dogturs!!




 Show us your nature! It can be flowers, your current weather, a scene out of your window, or maybe a picture from a vacation, walk or other journey! Any kind of nature picture will do! If you don't see a link below, click HERE  to go to our Hoppity Page.





27 comments:

  1. I have a trillium being nurtured in my laundry at the moment. It is winter here in New Zealand and I am looking after it indoors with a plan for it to go outside once the weather gets warmer. They are rare here in NZ, I paid NZ$25 each for two and managed to kill one plant. An expensive mistake. The other plant North American plant I have is the Mayapple, again rare and even more expensive than a trillium but I have friends with some to spare so I only brought one. True gardeners are always willing to share plants. Lovely photos of your beautiful part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my... you saw a real elk? we are green with envy... and how mighty the trees are... like sky scrapers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful road trip (eye doctor notwithstanding). Trillium, elk, ocean. And a map too.
    Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful road trip, Arty. We love the mist through the SuperTall redwood forest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a great drive. How fun to see some Elk along the way too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arty sure gets around to visit some great spots. Trillium is the provincial flower of Ontario, Canada and when it appears, we know it is really spring and so welcomed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari OM
    Arty, what wonderfurs memories you and mama share!!! I am certain it will not be toooooo long before your next trip and I too pray that is for only recreational reasons!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so nice your Mama doesn't just hurry there and back, but also takes time to stop and smell the daisies, er, the trillium. And you get to visit your ocean, too, Arty! XOX Lucy and Xena

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all dear Arty and gang thank you for hosting this Nature hop.
    Jumpin' Catfish you and mama did have a very long drive...thank goodness for beautiful scenery and most of all for your Mama's expertise in road trips. I love the redwoods and the fog photo. I love how you dressed to the 9's for the dogtor appt. too. I know you brought a smile to all the faces.
    Elk WOW he was a big boy...
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Trillium is beautiful and you know I love the ocean. You saw some of everything and I think my favorite thing that you saw was the elk and I would worry about the elk getting run over also! It is really great if you have to go to the doctor that you have such a beautiful route to go and my mama to drive you and show you all the beautiful things and then when you get there a veterinarian that love you

    ReplyDelete
  11. That was such a wonderful trip Arty, so many pretty things to see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for taking us along on your trips to the eye dogtor Arty. You sure had a beautiful path to take. We love seeing all the sights.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. You do live in a beautiful area. I worry - like your Mama - about the animals roaming the area. We have deer (there is an albino too - she is white with brown spots) and buck, foxes, turtles from the neighbors pond (the female turtle lays eggs every year in the same spot on my land - I keep an eye out for the little ones - it is so much fun to watch them head toward the creek ) and a host of others roaming my property.
    The last time I saw elk was in Yellowstone Park - they just walked around the people. Have a great weekend Arty with your siblings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What amazing sights! Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun trip and we are impressed with all your wardrobe changes Arty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No wonder you enjoy the trip. What cool sightings along the way. And congrats on the vet making your peepers better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oregon is a beautiful place. I was born and raised in Tillamook. What great shots.

    Have a woof woof day and weekend. My best to your siblings and your wonderful mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you must go to the dogtur, what better way than taking the scenic route!? What beautiful sights you had to enjoy. I love Trillium too but never did see any in our woods this spring; we mostly have the dark red ones. I probably just missed them because I was busy, and it rained a lot in the early spring too.
    Jan, Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  19. No wildlife around here in my surburb no roos or koalas and definitely no elks.........lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. The trillium is so pretty, Arty. We can see why your Mama loves it so much. We bet you had a great time your ocean. It looks like a very peaceful place.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for showing the beauty of your world with us, and the beauty that is your pack.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH, the misty Redwoods are Ma's favorite!!!! That and all the beautiful ferns that grow on the floor of the forest. You had such a beautiful trip, I am glads your dogtor got you all fix up Arty! Oh, and Ma tells me those peep Reststops are VERY impawtent! ☺
    Thanks for taking us along!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥
    pees: that Elk is most HANDSOME indeed! Your Moms took a FABulous pic!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My momma says she saw some elk one time in northern Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I had a trip in Canada and I lived in Norway and I never saw anything bigger than a chipmunk (Canada) or a small deer (Norway). I am so jealous of you Arty, because you got to see a real Elk!

    Klem

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, you and your mom sure did have fun! I love the Trillium flowers and leaves. They are beautiful. Before we adopted Shyla, she was named after the "River Rogue" - Rogue for short.

    I love your ocean, Arty!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!