2/17/22

The Beauty of Trees on Nature Friday

  
Happy Friday!!   
This week I thought we would take a look at trees
and the different kind of beauty they hold. For instance, the one behind me (in my backyard)
is a Pinon Pine tree! 
 
It's pretty tall, and has cute little flowery pine cones like the one above. It is especially pretty right now because it is full of my favorite precipitation...SNOW!
 
(That's right, it snowed again yesterday!!!! )

 

 
It is nice to close my eyes and remember the beauty of the Redwood trees in Northy North California though....

 
 
They are taller than the tallest building I've ever seen!
 
 
 
 ...and so dense sometimes the sun could only get through in rays!
 

 They are so very pretty, aren't they?  It's too bad they don't get much snow on the Northy North Coast, or the Redwood trees might have been my most favorite!
 
 
 
 
But just look at how the snow covers every needle space on my New Mexico backyard tree....How could I not pick this as my favorite?!
 
 
 

 Do you see the snowflake on the top upper left, coolest thing EVER!!
 
 
 
 
So there you have it, Redwood Trees on the
Northy North Coast vs snow covered Pinon Pines of New Mexico.
 
Which is your favorite??

I'm off to do some snow zoomies, but hope you get to enjoy some trees in your corner of Blogville this weekend!


Show us your nature! It can be flowers, your current weather, a scene out of your window, or maybe a picture from a vacation, walk or other journey! Any kind of nature picture will do! If you don't see a link below, click HERE  to go to our Hoppity Page.

 

 

 

 

 

19 comments:

  1. Oh gosh Rosy, that is just an impossible question. Both trees are beautiful and each so perfectly adapted to its own environment. So if in New Mexico we would prefer to see the Pinon Pine and if in Northy North California, the huge Redwoods would be our favourite.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a tough choice, Rosy. The Redwoods are simply amazing trees and the pinion pine cones are so cute with their snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    ...I am just going to say that trees win (though I do rather miss seeing my beloved eucalypts of OZ...) I think you are quite right - and as Bertie echoes - to love that which one can see is pawhaps the top choice!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trees, a beautiful blessing no matter where one lives, and now you have the excitement of discovering new ones ...
    We cannot leave without huge compliments to your Mom on some extraordinary photography here, and certainly the pine cone and snowflake are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love the pretty trees in the summer and the colors of the fall, the budding in the spring and the snow cover in the winter. A mix of seasons is what we all love. Glad you enjoy your snow. We are supposed to get more and are excited about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW, there is no linky code to add to our site, we can only add to the linky on your post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rosy your Pinon Pine is Pawsistively Purrfect.
    OMDs and as I scrolled thru your post I noticed the the bow you are wearing is almost the exact color of the tippy edge of the Pinon Pinecone.
    Hugs HiC

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS meant to say I love that snow flake on the edge too

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the first photo best today, i love seeing your cute butt sitting in snow and loving it. and that Pinion is beautiful, love the close up of snow on the needles. I have never seen any of these trees except in movies and photos... I am a huge fan of TREES and cute pups

    ReplyDelete
  10. How nice that you got some more snow, Rosie. We think that pine tree is so cute with the snow on it and the cones.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your backyard tree the best. It's because that's where you are.

    Have a woof woof day and weekend. Scritches all around and my best to your peeps. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do like those redwood trees, amazing sweet Rosy! How cool your first snow season is very active!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that snowflake on the pinecone is simply stunning! Beautiful job, Rosy! Have a wagnificent weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If I didn't know better, I'd think you here in WNY enjoying our snow on the trees! Stay warm, pups!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked pine cones, but they have fallen on the ground and now they are hurting my paws.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lulu: "Ahh, trees! Nature's own peemail servers! I don't have a particular favorite, it's just whichever one has the most interesting messages for me to sniff!"

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous wintery adventure, thanks as always for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your mom is such a excellent photographer - capturing a snowflake like that is perfect! Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!