8/5/15

Professor Jakey's Art Class

Before we start class, yesterday we had an important question from Casey and Jessie about the upcoming BAR (Blogville Awesome Retreat)
Casey said...
It sounds totally pawesome! Is there a pawticular hotel we're looking at, or is it meant to be camping? 

Well Casey, we will have a list of Pet Friendly hotels coming up in the next week or so at the latest!! We know that Dory and Mama consider themselves TOO OLD to be camping and have already found more than one PF Hotels in the area! We do know that some Pups and their peeps like to camp, or have campers, so we will also have a list of RV Parks available too!
Now...back to class!
Make sure to visit Professor Jakey's past Art Classes, along with this one,  by clicking HERE or clicking the Artistic Tutorials
 tab under our header!

Hi everybody, Jakey here with the first of a two part series to help everyone get ready to compete in King and Queen of the Derby!!! You can click HERE to read all about the contest!!

Now, step into my classroom and let's get started!

Today I am going to show you how I used Pizap and then PicMonkey to create my entry for Derby King!!! 

We'll start by picking a background. Go to Pizap
and get started by clicking the Start button. 




Click on the Edit button




Then click on the Backgrounds button and....




Peruse the backgrounds for one that you like! They have so many to choose from that sometimes Mama spends lots of time here just looking at all of them!! I picked the sunrise type one and clicked on it!


This is what the screen should look like after you select your background.  Now let's select the "Cutout" button and add my Derby Car.




We found a picture on the interwebs (***) before we started on our project and saved it to our computer before starting on our project.



Now color in the car and hit finish!





 You can move the car around anywhere you want on the background I decided to put the wheels on the purple hill!




Now let's add a ME! Click on the cutout button and select the subject (in this case, ME) you want in front of the car!



Next color the subject and click finish!!




  Here I am in front of my Derby car with the sun rising behind me!!!!

Let's go ahead and save this to we can open it in PicMonkey!!
First select the "Save" button in the upper right hand corner....



We just want to save it to our computer so I made sure all the siders were off with the exception of the one marked Computer.



I am saving it to my Desktop so I can find it easily.


Now let's open it up in PicMonkey and decorate it there!!

First,  click on Edit




 Next, open up your Pizap picture

 


Here I am ready to find something to wear in the PicMonkey closet!




 Here is a close up of just some of the PicMonkey closet.


 Now, time to get dressed!
 First,  (1.)I selected some sunglasses, (2.)I positioned them over my eyes and made them a bit smaller and then (3.) I changed the color to match the sunrise!!


 I found a cool Derby crown in the "Celebrate" section of the PicMonkey closet




 I left it the same color (but you can change it if you would like) and positioned it on my head.




 Now the tie!(1.) I also found it under "Bows" in the Celebrate section. (2.) I positioned it on my neck and (3.) changed the color to black!



 Then I clicked the "Eraser" tab of the Overlay section and erased the tails to make it a tie instead of a bow!

 

 Now give a once over to make sure you are happy with the results....
I think it looks pretty good, what do you think?
Let's go ahead and save it to use in the contest! 
First, click on the Save button



Next,  give it with a name and in a place you or your Peep will remember and then...



 You have your picture!!!
Easy Peasy, right???

Any questions?? Just leave a message in our comments and I'll be happy to answer them before class next week!

Thanks so much for coming to class today, don't forget to stop by next week to see how to do your whole Derby picture in Pizap!!


CLASS DISMISSED!!!!


***If you search the interwebs for a picture,  be sure to choose a photo that isn't copyrighted OR get permission to use the picture and make sure to give credit to the photo***












27 comments:

  1. Love it!
    Picmonkey is awesome. I use it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOL, I are a princess - my idea of camping invovles 5 star hotels. ;) Ok, sometimes I gotta settle for your regular hotels, but I'd prefur 5 star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does look very straight forward when you explain it Prof Jakey butts I'm sure once Mum gets her paws on it there'll be trouble!!!
    Marks outta 10....well if she gets 1 I'll be surprised!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hari OM
    PHab-you-lush PHoto PHun with Jake the Prof!!!

    I always loved camping; but travelling so far and not being so young, I too will prefer a guest house room; transport will be another issue, but am sure it will work itself out!
    Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have that photo app, but Mom doesn't have the patience for all that photo work. She does a bit of touch up or adds words but that is about it. You guys are pros at it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMD that was a PAWSOME class! We were scribbling notes as fast as our paws would allow!
    Wally & Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. very impressive but Im sure i can still screw it up despite the clear instructions

    retro rover

    ReplyDelete
  8. We use piZap quite a lot for our photo edits! Your edits are always the most PAWsome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. pawsome lesson Professor Arty :o) do you think I could pimp the elephant skate that way too?

    ReplyDelete
  10. that was an excellent tutorial Arty

    ReplyDelete
  11. you get A + on this tutorial. perfect and easy to follow. I use both of these two and once in a while i use Photo shop and the pic has visit 3 edits. i wish PicMonkey had all the good stuff Pizap has. the thing i learned from you is painting green to cut out. have not done that in pizap, i use ps but will give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great post. It's really hard explaining computer stuff some times and you did a FANTASTIC job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOOHOO ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL CLASS, KUDOS TO THE PROFESSOR. WE AGREE WITH JACK...WELL WELL WELL DONE!! MOM AND I NEED TO GET CRACKING ON MY QUEENLY PHOTO.
    WE HAVE A CAR TO USE TOO
    HUGS MADI YOUR BFFF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for all the tips Jakey
    Snorts
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  15. WHEW!! Momma's number one travel rule is she DOESN'T CAMP!! We're glad for that news. :) Grreat tutorial as usual on the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are an excellent pawfessor fur sure!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so utterly cool! It really does look like a work of art.
    Dip and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jakey you are a pawsome teacher! Mom says we are doing a photo shoot in the next few days for our Derby pics
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jakey, you make it all look so easy. Your photo is awesome and you so deserve that crown!!!

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, we are astounded. Such a great art class, Jakey. And you even remembered to mention to only use public domain photos or to get permission. Spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mom is a hotel kind of girl, we are trying to get it worked out to go...I am so excited...stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great tutorial! Well done!
    Our mom camping. Ha roo roo roo! Oh, you have no idea how funny that is!!!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  23. We love your art classes and how easy you make them to follow.
    Mom has photo shop elements and has never used it cause she can't figure it out.

    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are a natural teacher, Jakey. Thanks so much. And I'm so glad that you are archiving these lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loves both of those sites!!! Though, I thinks you are TONS better at it than Moi!!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow,, your a good teacher,, but mommy shakes her head and says "no way-- i can't do that"
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!