10/12/16

Thursday Travel Tails - Texas Part Deux

Thanks for bearing with us through our "technical Mama difficulties" last week and joining us for 
the second part of our Texas Travel Thursday Tail!




When we left off, we weren't sure if Mama was going to share some of the bacon from her Starbuck's Sammy...



Most of you know Mama, and knew should couldn't refuse my "Pretty Please" look and I got a few delicious morsels of that salty nommy bacon!!





Mama and I mad this road trip to the Texas Hill Country to visit my Grandma and Grand Daddy...



Texas Hill Country is just beautiful, don't you think??



They have a kitty I didn't get to be formally introduced to because he kept sneaking up on me and then running away!



While we were there, I got to meet my Uncles too! This is Uncle Cowboy!



Some of you might remember when Dory, Bilbo and Jakey got to visit with him when he was just a little pup...(you can go in the "Way Back Machine" HERE to read about Uncle Cowboy Puppy)
I wasn't even a twinkle in my Mama's eye yet, so I didn't get to meet him back then.




 
Grandma and Grandpa  also had brought home a new puppy about a month before Mama and I visited. His name is Uncle Rocky and HE.IS.HUGE!! In the picture above he is only about 14 weeks old and already as tall as the coffee table!!




I made sure to let him know I was in charge and I didn't care how big he was!!! 




We played a bunch outside



...and we took lots of naps together!!



Mama and I spent the Fourth of July (also our last night in Texas) at a LaQuinta closer to Grandma and Grand Daddy, in Marble Falls Texas.



 
It was a beautiful hotel with a wonderful view!!



They had the lobby all decorated and everything!!



Our room was huge!! Mama says this was a VERY nice LQ!
(Mama here, this was one of the nicest LQ's I have ever stayed in. It was a bit pricier, but it was only for one night and we stayed in this executive suite for the same rate as a regular room. It was a new hotel, lots of electrical outlets and a balcony with a beautiful sunset view!
The best thing? I could have my parents, sister and nephew over for pizza and to watch the local fireworks from our rooms balcony! My husband and I are returning to see my parents for Thanksgiving and I used the LQ Points I earned this year and got three nights in this higher rated LQ for free!)



We took a walk around the grounds before it got dark...


 
Grandma, Grand Daddy and my Auntie and Cousin came and we watched the sunset!!



This is my cousins...We really bonded over pizza!!


We waited for the sun to go down...and then the Peeps watched the fireworks....




but I was tuckered out, so I went to sleep!!





The next morning we hit the road bright and early for
HOME!!


Join us next week when Dory will be back and we show you our trip through Idaho!!


19 comments:

  1. I just got to go on my first trip to da Texas hill country a couple of weeks ago!

    P.S. Momma says she has stayed at dat LQ before too! And I may get to next spring when da mommas go bluebonnet hunting (kinda depends on where dey go and where da flowers are bloomin best!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Hill Country IS beeYOUtiful. It looks like you had a grreat trip. Uncle Cowboy and Uncle Rocky look like fun guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari OM
    Yes, it that Texas hill country sure does look beautiful - and my word you really did have a superb visit, eh? You uncles are handsome and friendly, a cousin to drop pizza and the fuzzies of grandpeeps luvin'... all that and a top suite to stay as well - lucky lucky Arty!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun time you had, Arty! Texas is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Texas sure is beautiful. It really looks like you had a great time with all that bacon and pizza.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful adventure Arty...that bacon did look delicious.......and you got to meet your Uncles, Cousins and share a pizza!!! Wow, you had a funs time
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. your uncles are super cool pups! and the mama loves the chairs in that lobby.... can you grab one for her please when you are there next time?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just love Texas!! It is a bit too hot for us sometimes...but there are some really cool places to visit there!! We have been to South Padre Island and the San Antonio Riverwalk!

    Now...we would like to know what kind of puppy that is...that is SO BIG????

    That LQ room you stayed in looked really nice!! So glad you all had a nice time visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what an adventure and I loved going with you. your to uncles are so sweet and beautiful and glad you loved them.. that is one BIG puppy.. love the doors shot. wow on that one. did not know Texas has hill country

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH my word Arty you and your momma had a wonderful trip to the Hills of Texas. Cowboy has
    grown!!! Rocky is g r o w i n g before our eyes. Is he an Irish wolfhound?
    We see your momma gets her love of pups from her peeps

    I tell you one thing you are one social guy
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun travels! The bacon looks delish, BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sure had fun meeting your "Uncles". Looks like you found the perfect place to stay next time you visit your grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me, da Mommas, and Whitley has stayed in dat LQ before... we really likes it dere! ~~Finley

    Yeah, and I gits ta go along next time dey stays dere-- probably when da bluebonnets bloom!~~ Brinley

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so lucky to get to go to so many awesome places! And to answer your question, we are getting battered by storms too! No more sunny days for a while!

    Pippen

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMD! Arty - I was just reading about the bacon your mama shared with you and then that picture of you on the couch - Oh My Dog!!! my little puggy heart went KABOOM!
    hugs
    Mabel

    Pee es
    We are looking forward to next weeks Idaho post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like such a nice LQ!!! How fun to watch the fireworks together from the balcony!
    Our mom remembers Uncle Cowboy from before we joined the family - as a wee pup! He's really turned into such a handsome boy! So is your other uncle! And your cousin shared pizza with you!?!? That is so nice!!!
    Great trip report, Arty!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that was some trip! Rocky was huge fur sure! And that LA Q was big enough we could have come with yous!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  18. that looks so fun! What a nice LQ, too!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!