6/5/17

Travel Tuesday - Sunset at Puget Sound!

Howdy all, Arty here again this week on Travel Tuesday! 
This week it is all about the SUN!!




That's right, remember last Tuesday we left Forks and hit the road for Puget Sound. Well, we were a little over halfway there when the clouds parted and the SUN came out!!!





By the time we saw the west side of Puget Sound, all the clouds seemed to have disappeared!!! We took our time to enjoy the blue skies and sunshine as we made our way to Dash Point State Park, just north of Tacoma and south of Seattle!





When we arrived, I was surprised by the pawsome campsite Mama reserved four months earlier they gave us because I was Blogville Mayor!
Now I know how Murphy and Stanley must feel when they travel! 




Anyway, the skies were still blue when we got there and Jakey and I really wanted to stretch our paws and enjoy the "no rain". Mama and Daddy wanted to stretch their paws too, so we all went for a hike to the beach to see the sunset!!



I was concerned that if we took Heartbreak Trail that Daddy and I would get our hearts broken by Mama and Mabel.




Daddy explained that they we were more likely just going to be VERY tired after we got back...Daddy is pretty silly. I never get tired!!





We made our way to the beach where I settled in to watch the sunset
(I am not tired...really!)



Jakey,  you can see the sunset really good from over here!!
 



All colors were so very pretty....
 



Jakey was mesmerized too!!!


I'll say goodbye for today and leave you with these beautimous Puget Sound Sunset pictures!





Join us next week when Jakey will tell you all about the pawsome hike we took!!

21 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE these pictures!! You guys had the best time!! What a beautiful place to vacation. I would love to take the RV out to Oregon / California / Washington...and Utah and, and, and....HA!

    So glad that you all enjoyed yourselves and even Daddy was keen on having his photo taken!! WooHOO Dad!

    xo Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed it so much, many thanks for inviting me to see all the beauty of your country. my dad was there as he was a kid and now I understand why he still remembers this place...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    OMD that is just beyond beautifurs!!! You guys surely did have an incredible trip together... now I have to go back and check out the week I missed... Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sun is beautiful! We are so glad you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like the perfect weather and place for a nice hike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have only read about Puget sound, now I have seen it through your eyes. I love what the sunset light did to you and Jakey... I am impressed over your sign where you were to park.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, a sunset at the beach. I would love to be able to see one again.

    Mara from Norway

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, special mayoral parking! You're a big deal! Glad you had such a nice trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW Mayoral Parking...Washington State Park is for sure a top destination point! Heartbreak Hill molmolmol Arty you and your Daddy are fun-gis
    That Puget Sound Sunset is for sure mesmerizing.....
    Thanks for sharing hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, just look at that beautiful sunset!!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a really beautiful place! they know how impawtent you are Arty to reserve a special spot just for you! And don't you fret - I will never break your heart
    xxoo
    Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE the PNW. Gorgeous sunsets that are ever enhanced by the ocean. Well done. Glad you guys didn't have your hearts broken. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic that the sun cooperated! We wouldn't be able to take anything that insinuated you'd be exhausted afterwards....because of HER...BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're so glad the rain finally went away for yous! BTW Arty, you can get a flag to put at your RV site with your picture on it! Being mayor does have its perks!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  15. We really enjoyed seeing all your beautiful pictures from your trip. Wish we were there too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always the best parking and camping for the Mayor, Artie! That last pic of Jakey: the lighting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great walk and beautiful sunset you all got to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I actually cried when I saw the Puget Sound for the first time. It is so beautiful. We will be going there later this month to help our son, daughter-in-law and grandbaby move from there to Houston. It will be quite a drive so the boys will be here at their pet resort. Paisley (Our Weather Lab) will be riding shotgun in the U-haul with my son. I'm excited to see the country by car. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMD, that was one FABulous post guys! I loved all the pics, they are so beautifuls! Thanks so much for takin' us along....I so loves seein' the beautiful PNW!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!