2/28/19

Flashback Nature Friday



Due to lack of walkies...and too much rains and lazy Mamas, we haven't seen any nature beyond our back yard for awhile. I am happy to report the flooding rains have stopped and Mama and Arty went exploring today to see the high river and big trees. Mama even pawmised I will be able to go for a walkie when they get back! 

Anyways I told Mama she could repost my first ever Nature Walkie post from last May. 

... FYI...I am no longer afraid of ducks!
(feathers are still pretty scary tho!)

We will be back with a brand new Nature Friday next week!



Original Post May 24, 2018
Thankful For Nature Walkies...I think

 This week,  Mama took me on my very first walk at Arcata Marsh! I had a blast walking on the trails and trying to chase listening to the little tweety birds!




 I met this little guy along the trail...




 Mama says he is just your basic, everyday slug and not tasty at all. So I decided not to eat him...I did get a little lick in though, boy was he slimy!


 Mama tried to get me to pose in front of these pretty lupines...but guess what she forgot?
Yep, no cookies...and we all know the motto right??
"No cookie, no lookie!"
I did smile for her though, cause you know...she might stop by the cookie place on the way home, right?


 Then I came across this SCARY thing!!! Mama says it is a feather...I say it is EVIL and should be avoided at all costs!!



 Then things got REAL scary....this BIG GIGANTIC DUCK jumped out in front of me!! Mama thought I might go all barky on him...Not me, I am a good girl and tried to hide behind Mama didn't bark at all!


Mama directed a little video of my walk and scary encounters

You can also watch it HERE on YouTube




Thanks for joining me for my fun Nature Walkie today!
Mama and I are thankful we live in a beautiful part of the USA that is full of all kind of places for nature adventures! 
OH, and we are also thankful for the cookie place, where we are going now....Right Mama??


 Show us your nature! It can be a picture of your current weather, a scene out of your window, or maybe a picture from a walk! Any kind of nature picture will do(does not have to include a pet)!





Don't forget to join us tomorrow for the 
Dr. Seuss Blog Hop!


22 comments:

  1. Hari om
    Lovely to look back at times, Rosy! Am away from Hutch, so forgive my not linking today. Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! and we are glad that the ducks are no longer scary for you... they make mighty fine food ;O)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosy, Gail and I enjoyed re-reading about your first Nature Walkie. A great post is always a great post. Maybe in another year you will overcome your fear of feathers (perhaps helped by a cookie-based incentive plan).
    Toodle pp!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your tongue after you licked the slug, Rosy. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love ducks! They always make a sound like they are laughing and it makes me happy. Glad you are not afraid of them anymore!

    Klem, Mara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rainy walks can be fun sometimes, but not every day for weeks. Besides that, you can't have the camera out in driving rain either. Hopefully you will start to dry out now. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. help i am laughing and i can't stop. that video is PRICELESS!!! your first meeting of a feather and a duck, nothing could be better. i must say you walk very fast, Big would not be able to keep up with you.... he did not even open his eyes when the duck went quack quack... glad you skipped eating that slimy snail thing

    ReplyDelete
  8. We enjoyed taking this trip down memory lane. You were so brave with that scary feather and then a duck full of scary feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dearest Niece Rosy...I'm so happy to hear you can hold up your end of the conversation with the
    Quack(ers) now. That slug is still just g r o s s
    Hugs Aunty HiC

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like to eat feathers. They're yummy! Sometimes Mr. C. B. Cooper hawk leaves piles of them in my yard.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're just the cutest. Snails are slimy aren't they. I'm glad you're not afraid of ducks anymore.

    I'll see you tomorrow for the Dr. Seuss festivities.

    Have a woof woof day and weekend. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great flashback! We loved seeing those purple Lupines!
    Cam and Mags

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha Ha - thanks for the repost - we do remember Rosy's first meeting of the ducks:) We hope you get a break in the rain soon. We have snow coming tomorrow night.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  14. You make sure Mama keeps that walkie promise. You need to repeat that nature walk.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You sure have come a long way, Miss Rosy. Hope you have a nice dry walk this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are running out of new Nature Friday material too, since all we see is white, white, white!! BOL That was a fun flashback to a nice walk. ♥
    Jan & the crew at Wag 'n Woof Pets

    ReplyDelete
  17. Our monsoon is back too but you look adorable sweet Rosy!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry that you are STILL having rain. Your first nature post was incredible! So much stuff to see. I love you with purple flowers behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad you are no longer afraid of da duckies although da ones we has have been know to bite so I stear clear cause I get in da troubles when I bite back ;)

    xoxo,
    Matt (& Matilda)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Charlee: "We don't blame you for being cautious, Rosy!"
    Chaplin: "Yes, a bird that will just leave feathers lying around wherever they feel like it is capable of anything!"

    ReplyDelete
  21. Have you tried this new app Goat Simulator Apk + OBB : this is really great.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!