2/21/24

Thankful for New Medicine


This week, on Thankful Thursday, I am very thankful for some new medicine I am taking for my sore leggy. You see, for the past few weeks my back knee(the patella my other dogtur couldn't fix) has been pretty darn sore. At first I just had occasional limpies, then I didn't want to jump down from my couch bed. Mama made an appointment at the dogtur and she suggested a shot I would get monthly to help my owies. Mama remembered that Molly had also had monthly shots that were working for her, so we went for it! The shot takes about 5 days to start working, but Mama is pretty sure it's working already as I am jumping down from the couch with ease now! 
 
Thanks Dr. E for helping to make me feel better!

From Mama: Since Sunny will most likely suffer from arthritis for the long term, Librela(the owie shot) was our best choice of pain management that wouldn't have long term harm. We will be able to add carprofen to the mix if she is having extra bad days(using carprofen regularly can effect liver and kidney function along with various other side effects when using long term).
 
 Again, if I would have known all the "down sides" of Sunny's surgeries, I definitely would have thought twice before putting her though it. My advice is to ALWAYS get a second opinion to any non life threatening surgery your vet may recommend.

 
Thank you Angel Brian for hosting the
Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

14 comments:

  1. Sunny, we are thankful too that your dear Mama (who always only wants the best for you) has found you some helpful medicines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Oh that is good news... can't have those owies cramping your style! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that the Librela shot is working for you too, Sunny! It's been a life changer for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry sweet Sunny. i agree about the 2nd opinion and will try to remember that for us too.. POTP coming at you from Beau and Mama and hugs and loves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get once monthly shots of Adequan for my leg injury that I had last year. It too is a safe drug and I will take it forever most likely. It works great. So glad your pain is going away so quickly. It is no fun having arthritis and pain, especially when we are still young.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sunny my sweet niece. You have the bestest staff who take care of every thing from top to bottom for you and Rosy. I just saw GBGV comment. I gave Angel Madi and Adequan injection when she started to have mobility issues.
    Aunty C sends you warm soothing hugs and wishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. What happy news for our sweet Sunny girl. We want all your days to be "sunny and bright" and are glad your Mommy and new dogtur are finding ways to make that happen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lulu: "Ouchies are no fun. I had an ouchie back for a while after I slid off the bed that time because Dada interfered and tried to catch me before I hit the ground. Otherwise I would have landed on my feet. Probably. Anyway we're glad you are feeling better, Sunny, and send lots of tail wags for it to continue!"
    Chaplin: "And we cats send lots of purrs!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're glad to hear the new shot is helping you feel better, Sunny. Our paws are crossed that you continue to feel good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww Sweet Sunny, we hope that new medicine continues to help you lots! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do pray the meds keep you happy and comfy for a long time to come!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sunny, we hope the Librela injections help you. a lot. Lightning has had four monthly injections so far. INitially he got about 2 12 weeks of relief, then only two weeks. Last month, we aren't sure how much benefit he got from it. His situation is complicated by the fact that he also has muscle weakness in both back legs. Arthritis in hips and knees. The librela is supposed to help with the pain, but with him it is hard to distinguish his difficulty in getting up and down and using stairs - is the difficulty due to pain or weakness? So this time we are waiting six weeks to see if the pain is more manifest. He also gets Rimadyl, gabapentin, tramadol, and Dasuquin with MSM. Our goal is to be sure he is comfortable. Good luck, we know the injections have ehlped a lot of our pals.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awe Sunny we are so sorry you has been feeling poorly but super glad the shot is helping.

    xoxo,
    Matilda & Mama

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!