8/9/09

A Sunday full of stuff!!




Wow, Sunday sure has been busy...Naps to take, birdies to chase, more naps to take!! Then upstairs in Mommy's playroom to snoopervise as she makes VPKC Paw it Forward Cards.

Here is the one for this week! Thank you Hero, MJ and Woodrow for sharing your stories!



We were also Tagged this week by Mollie and Bobo to play the name game...Let's start with ME!
I am Dory, and I was named after a character in a famous Pixar movie..Guess which one???

YEP!! It's my Mommy's favorite movie Finding Nemo!! I am like Dory and want to be friends with everyone. I don't forget like she did, but I am distracted by shiny things all the time!

Here are other names my Mommy calls me:

Little Missy poo-poo (not very nice right?? but she calls me this ALL the time)
Sissy Sue (I am a little sister)
Dorable (like some computer in a Heinlein book)
NO!! (but only when I am doing something wrong)


Now on to Bilbo...Bilbo was named after a character in a Tolkien book...Guess which one??? YEP..The Hobbit!!! Like Bilbo Baggins, our Bilbo does NOT like adventure!!

Other Names that Mommy calls Bilbo are:

Boney Man
Boney Bologna
Sweetie Boy
Boney Brother
OUTSIDE!! (but only when Bilbo is doing #1 or #2 in the house!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our new friend Coco gave us an award this week!


I really like this one, cause the only rule is to hand it out to whoever deserves it...I hope everyone who doesn't have it takes it from me!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Hero also gave me an award this week.

"Your Blog is a Dream"

This is the beauty secret award where you give 7 of your beauty secrets...I already gave out my beauty secrets, so I thought I would let Bilbo tell his beauty secrets:


Hi...Bilbo here..my secrets are easy:
1. do NOT let your human take you to get groomed
2. do NOT let your human give you a bath
3. go potty INSIDE to avoid getting dirty in the yard
4. do NOT let your human take you on walks
5. follow your human EVERYWHERE to make sure they are staying out of trouble
6. do NOT leave the house for any reason
7. finally...Lay in a sunny spot in the house and get lots of sleep.
Gotta go now, I have humans to snoopervise...bye!

Ummm...thanks Bilbo...most of you should probably NOT follow Bilbo's beauty secrets, especially not #3 cause Bilbo gets in trouble for that ALL the time!!!

Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday!!!
Smileys!
Dory

27 comments:

  1. Hi Dory you made us smile today...what a cute post. Madi and mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very fun post.:)

    Love,
    Teddy Bear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dory,

    This post made our day cause we watched Finding Nemo on the tellyvision last night and wondered if you were named after that silly Dory fish. Now we know you really were!

    I don't think I will follow any of Bilbo's beauty tips. BOL

    Congrats on the Gem award!

    Wags & wiggles,
    Bijou

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a busy day everyone has had! The tall guy has been watching GOLFS all day, so I've been napping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew, we need a nap just reading about your busy Sunday!
    It's very hot here in Dixie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dory
    Thanks for sharing your fun day
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Dory!
    Congratulations on your awards!
    Those tips from Bilbo are very interesting!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the photos of you both! And I love Dory too, in Finding Nemo. Hmm. Do you speak "Whale" like she did? :)

    Stay cool!

    Noir in Texas

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Dory,
    You sure had a busy weekend... and I love to watch Finding Nemo. Now each time I watch the show will remind me of you :)

    Thank you for making the beautiful card with our names on it... pawsome!

    Licks, hero

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dory, your name is so cool! and Bilbo's beauty list is PAWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woo were spot on: that was a post full of stuff!

    Tank woo fur sharing!

    Khongrats too!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Dory,

    Thanks for writing to me. I just luv it when I hear from you. You are sooo sweet and one of my very best friends.

    Riley and me luv your stories and especially, your pictures. Bilbo is a riot! I don't think I'll follow his beauty secrets just yet, or I may get into BIG trouble!

    Have a great week and thanks for sharing.
    P.S. I have an extra pair of pearls if you would like to borrow them sometime.

    Luv,
    Star.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dory I always wondered if you were named after that Dory, my Mom has a keychain with Dory from Nemo on it, she loves that movie too. Bilbo, Mom kind of thought that might be who you were named after, I love all of your nicknames.I don't have the diamond so I am going to grab it from you and thanks. licks and sniffs, Sasha

    p.s. Everyone please send your Mommies out of the room, ok Bilbo has the right idea and if we all stick together we can make it work. I also do #3 and I do get in trouble for it. I do however enjoy walks so I can't go along with #4, the rest are great , gotta go.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dorable! Heehee. You made my Mom smile - she thought she was the only Heinlein freak out there! And I love Bilbo's beauty list - GREAT advice!

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds like that Bilbo is maybe a bit of a diva, huh?

    Any name in capital letters can't be good. Mine is GIT! which is most often used when I try to put my face in momma's lap after I've had a drink.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Dory. I think you are correct in NOT following Bilbo's instructions. I think they could land you in a bathtub quicker than you could say boo. I think Dorable comes from Adorable, which you are.
    :)

    Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Dory
    We enjoyed reading your post - congratulations on your pretty awards - there was one that looked like a huge sparkling diamond - just what every girl wants!
    It was fun to hear about your name as we had never heard of Dory before!
    We enjoyed reading Bilbo's advice!!
    love
    Martha & Bailey xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet post for a sweet little woofie..
    Congrats on the awards..

    Hugs GJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the beauty tips by Bilbo. You too have very cool names and interesting stories.

    -Mollie and Bobo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Dory,

    Don't worry, I'm sure your mommy gives Bilbo enough love for the whole world! Besides, sisters are supposed to be pesty some of the time, or we wouldn't have any fun. Riley thinks I'm a real flea in the tail!

    See ya,
    Star.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very intersting to hear about your name. I will have to have my mom put in the finding Nemo movie for me, and.................isnt
    snoopervising just the bestest thing??? I love it too.
    I had my own excitement at my house yesterday :-)
    It is all on my blog. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dory, your nicknames are so cute!
    And I am BMTO at Bilbos beauty tips!!!

    Luv,
    Cloud

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great job on the names AND beauty tips!
    And congrats on the cool awards!
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  24. thanx so much for pawing it forward to the rescue - it is greatly appreciated - and congrats on your wonderful awards they are so well deserved

    Woodrow - Sweetie - Sherman

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great stories behind your names. And we like your nicknames too! Congratulations on all the awards and thanks for "introducing" us to our new friend Hero!

    Chihuahua kisses,
    Bentley & Lexus

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey Bilbo thanks fer those booty advices!! I thinks #3 is aktually a reely good wun but it conflikts with being a Very Good Dawg and I am not shore how to do both. Mebbe go potty insides so I am cleen and then run away and blame it on Star?? Okay! Grate idea!!

    Yer pal Dozer

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!