10/6/22

Birdy Bathing on Nature Friday!


 
 
Happy first week of Spooky Month! 
Believe it or not, we still have one hummingbird who is hanging out at our place. 
He is enjoying his time with us by eating nectar of our late blooming flowers 
and bossing all of the big birds around!
 
 
 
He especially likes to push all the big wrens and (lesser) Goldfinches out of the birdy bathtub(aka the Fountain) so he can take a bath!!
 
 Ssshhhhhh, here he comes now!
 
 

"HEY BIG BIRDS!!
Clear out, it's my turn for a bath!!!
 

 
 You BETTER leave!!!!
 
 
 
Aaawwww, now I have the bath all to myself!
I'll start with a little drink....
 
 
 
 Then time to snuggle in and get a good grip on a rock with my little talons,  
 
so I can....
 
 
Splish, splash and shake, making sure all my feathers get clean!
 

 
Then it's time to settle in for a nice soak...
 
Then after one more little drink...
 
 
It's time to air dry my wings and fly off to find some lunch!!!"
 
 
 
 That is one silly hummingbird, don't you think? 
I mean, come on, WANTING to soak in the water? 
How crazy is that?!


We hope you get out to explore nature and watch birdies this weekend!
 
Show us your nature! It can be flowers, your current weather, a scene out of your window, or maybe a picture from a vacation, walk or other journey! Any kind of nature picture will do! If you don't see the link below, click HERE  to go to our Hoppity Page.

16 comments:

  1. Layla agrees with you that is a stupid bird, ewwwww to water and bathing, she hates it but you have a very pretty waterfall there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari Om
    One very happy wee birdy!!! Thanks for showing it at its ablutions (kudos to mums lens skills!!!) Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sure does have the most beautiful spot for his bath!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We girls are not interested in birds at all, but Nelson is still discovering them and is very curious about them. He will learn to forget about them soon and focus on furry creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love all those pictures of your hummingbird! How cool to have that fountain in your yard to attract all those birds for drinks and baths.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rosy. Your hummingbird reminds me of Chia: ready to take on the big dogs/birds. And I'm with you...why would anyone choose to take a bath? Birds must not be very smart. XOX Xena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those photos are fantastic! And fascinating to study the details. Thank you so much, Sunny! (And I love your bow.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Niece Rosy OMDs so much delight and happy running thru Aunty C's brain.
    1. You look too adorable to be spooky
    2. Bossy Hummers Amen to that. It amazes me that the ones I have appear to be a pair...but they absolutely do not like sharing the feeder...but I do love the aerial show when they are being bossy.
    3. I have never in all my 187 years seen a hummer at a babbling brook much less that still.
    I have a bird bath but I have always heard they prefer moving water and your photos are proof positive.
    4. THANK YOU FOR SHARING
    Hugs Aunty C

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lulu: "Those are great shots! Our Dada says hummingbirds are small, but mighty."
    Charlee: "I don't care how mighty they are, I still want to chase them ..."

    ReplyDelete
  10. now that's big bird energy! Doesn't matter how big you are or small, matters WHO you are!LeeAnna and Milo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Rosy...I've never seen a hummer bathing before! They are always too quick for my camera. Those are just incredible pics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful nature. We have lots and lots of hummingbirds here. We feed them year around. They love our fountain too. Love to watch them fight over food and the fountain too.

    Have a woof woof day and weekend. Scritches all around and my best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. We loved seeing your little hummingbird! Around our yard, when there aren't any puddles, the birdies take dust baths.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh sweet Rosy, it was fun seeing that crazy hummer having such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have to be tough to be a hummingbird in October

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look beautiful Rosy, Love that fluttery bird and also the bird bath is a WOw

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!