1/18/23

New Mexico River Otters

 
 
Did you know they have River Otters here in New Mexico???
 

 That's right, Mama visited the local Aquarium
and saw these little guys zooming around.It seems they live in parts of the Rio Grande and other New Mexico Rivers!
 
 
 They sure are fast in the water...
 
 
Look! She's swimming with her eyes closed...
It's a wonder she didn't bump into anything
 
 
Here is a video Mama shot of them zooming around:
 
 
You can also watch it HERE on YouTube
 
 
 
 I am thankful that Mama learned River Otters are here in New Mexico. Hopefully, Daddy and I will get to see one this Summer on one of our river hikes!

 
Thank you Brian for hosting the
Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!
 
 

11 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh, wouldn't that be fun, Rosy, to meet up with one of these fab little critters?! Mind you, good luck spotting them when not in a tank; there are otters on the coast around the Hutch, but do you think I have spotted any in my nine years here??? Sigh... Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. River otters are so cool! Mom watched one once -only one time- run in front of her heading for the pond and once he got there, he gracefully slithered in - not a splash or even a ripple in the water. He was incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We like otters, they are fun to see. Sometimes we see one swimming around in the wild around here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. he/she is soooo cute and fast and maybe they have radar to keep them from bumping into things. we have otter here also, twice I have seen them in the park we go to, once one ran accross the road in front of us and once one was in the drainage ditch that has runoff water in it... many years ago i saw a show at seaworld with otters..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Niece Rosy I do so love visiting Aquariums and Zoos. We have some crazy pants river otters at our Zoo. This little beauty is so graceful...very mermaid like
    I love your attire today
    Hugs Aunty C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those river otters are so cute. You look cute in your otter bandana too, Rosy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Java Bean: "Water zoomies! What fun! I would love to get in there and swim around!"
    Charlee: "Dogs are crazy."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I'm pretty sure we don't have any otters here in WNY. I'll have to look it up, now that I think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute!! We hopes you gets to see one in da wild as well :)

    xoxo,
    Matilda & Mama

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mom has seen river otters from our Tennessee River in the big aquarium here in Chattanooga. We've never seen them in the wild, but hope you get the chance to! XOX Xena and my minions I be quiet Chia, I know what you're about to say)

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!