1/5/23

Pupnapped!! (A Surprise NF Adventure)


 
"I thought we were going on a walkie!" 
That's right, it all started when Daddy was getting ready to go outside and I whined, cried and complained about how he was going without me for,what I was SURE was a walkie! 
BUT
Instead of heading down the driveway though...he put me IN.THE.JEEP!  Needless to say, I didn't sign up for that. But, being the good girl that I am...and in hopes of a walkie at some point, I settled in for a ride.
 
 
 
 
 Mama said we were just going to take a "short ride" to the Sandia Mountains. Why is it Mama feels the need to go for "rides to nowhere" when I'm in the car??
 
 
 
When we got to the mountains, the nice smooth road disappeared. Mama and Daddy were excited to do some "off road" testing of the Jeep....Me, not so much.
 
 
 
I have to admit, it was a pretty ride.



 
There were lots of trees and lots of pretty rocks!
 
 

...not to mention LOTS of bumps!!!
 
 
 
 
We saw Yucca plants
 
 
 
 
 Some prickly pear cactus
 
 
 
...and even some caves up in the cliffs!!
 
 
 
All in all it was a pretty ride. PLUS,  there was the bonus of french fries on the way home!
 

 
Next time though, I hope the roads aren't quite so bumpy!! 
 
OH, and don't worry, when we got home Daddy took me for a nice long walk around the neighborhood cause, you know, 
I  always get what I want.
BOL!!!

We hope you all get out for a little adventuring this weekend!!
 
Show us your nature! It can be flowers, your current weather, a scene out of your window, or maybe a picture from a vacation, walk or other journey! Any kind of nature picture will do! If you don't see a link below, click HERE  to go to our Hoppity Page.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
 
 
 



14 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    Oh Rosy, you do look a tad apprehensive in that second photo! What pretty places you got to see, though - and you wouldn't have, without a Jeep to take you there! I am sorry I don't have a post to share of nature today. I have been changing things up a bit over my way. But starting next week, I will link to Saturday's posts at DoWY with something a bit different! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your off road adventure was so pretty, Rose and French fries for a bonus. You can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that is a ride all three of us would LOVE to take. awesome views, and Beau would hang out the window with wind flapping the ears. sorry about those bumps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looked like a fun adventure, but we agree that bumps are no fun in the car. We're glad you finally got the walk you wanted, Rosy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Niece Rosy what the DOG is up with not getting prior approval from da Boss of su casa. I thought the staff was better trained. I guess the good news you were included in that absolutely most beautiful scenic mini road trip. Oh does your Jeep have a name?
    Hugs Aunty C

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lulu: "Totally worth it for a French fry!"
    Java Bean: "Prickly pears! I saw many of those when I lived on the streets in Baja. They are more prickly than pear ..."

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll go for a ride to nowhere for French Fries!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice impromptu trip! I'm glad it wasn't to the vet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those were sure some interesting sights sweet Rosy and I'm glad you finally got that walk!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was a beautiful ride but I would have been worried it was a mob hit

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like fun actually. We always want to go along, even if it is just a short ride in the car. Well, Bailie never wants to go in the car, but the rest of us love it. It is a pretty area there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. French fries sound so good. Angel Lexi used to get them... I get ALMOST anything I want cause you know, I'm a good girl too, Rosy! Your friend Xena

    ReplyDelete
  13. lololol on not signing up for the jeep.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What stunning views from the back of your jeep. Fries make a ride to nowhere worthwhile. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!