6/21/23

Thankful in our Backyard - Beep! Beep!

 
This week, we want to say how thankful we are for the backyard Roadrunners.
 
Unfortunately, Mama and I are thankful for different reasons....
 

 
 Mama is thankful because:
 "WOW, look at that cool bird I am so lucky to live somewhere where I can see a Roadrunner!"
 


 
I am thankful because it makes me up my hunting skills!
These silly birds like to hide behind trees and sneak down the fence line in search of their lunch.
 
One day, I hope to be able to sneak up and catch one!

Mama says she is going to sit me down to watch some olden day cartoons that will show me that catching Roadrunners is pretty much impossible. She also says, in the meantime, I should stay away from all boxes with ACME written on the side of them.
 
Whatever!
I'm smarter than your average Coyote Mama! 
 
 
I'm going to try hunting him by going
 under cover to see if that works!
 
 Why are you laughing, Mama???
 
 
 
 
Thank you Brian for hosting the
Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!
 



 

11 comments:

  1. wow they really exist!! now we think da coyote and da mickey mouse and da bunny exist too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hari OM
    Beep beep!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are rooting for you to catch your first roadrunner, Rosy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RR was my favorite cartoon. also loved the Rooster, I say, I say and can't remember his name. We can send you a coyote, we have one in the neighborhood, but are there any cliffs close by? I have never seen a real live roadrunner bird. wow

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom used to see them when she was in Arizona. Beep Beep! Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Niece Rosy...somebuddy here is a ginormous fan of the best cartoons (which are the old ones)
    He giggles and it makes me giggle
    Mama is right
    'Mama says she is going to sit me down to watch some olden day cartoons that will show me that catching Roadrunners is pretty much impossible. She also says, in the meantime, I should stay away from all boxes with ACME written on the side of them.'
    Hugs Aunty C

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lulu: "I'm sure we have an anvil around here somewhere ..."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beep Beep Rosy! Watch out for falling anvils!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was sure fun to see your roadrunner sweet Rosy but yes, watch out for those ACME boxes! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, ACME has paid a lot of money in class action suits. It seems like their traps always hurt the person who set them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, Rosy! Wait, now MY Mommy is laughing, too...

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!