5/15/10

Saturday PSA - Getting Micro-chipped


I know...Mama and I have been on a chip rampage this week....but with the blog hop going on today we thought it would be a good day to tell you about our trip to the vet to get Micro-chipped.

First...a word from the Mama, who has borrowed a soapbox. Feel free to scroll down until you see I am back.  Mama can be a bit ummmm"wordy"!

Thanks Dory, I think...

I never really thought about getting Bilbo and Dory chipped. When they were puppies it was just becoming routine...and sheesh, I had tags on both of them with their name, our name, address and phone number...Why should I spend the money to get them chipped too. In the past year, as I read your blogs, I realized why I should get them chipped and promised to do it "soon"or "at the next vet visit". In other words I procrastinated.

Then I found a beautiful, friendly puppy on Tuesday, and just knew that someone was missing him somewhere. I could have had him back home by noon if his owners would have had him chipped. Thank goodness that I saw the sign that Frankie's family put up  Wednesday, or they may have never gotten him back. Frankie's father said he had tags on when he left the house...I don't know if that is true, but he did not have them on when I found him on  major neighborhood street and scooped him up.

Needless to say this FREAKED ME OUT!! What would happen if Dory took off after a squirrel and lost her collar in some way or another?? What would happen if Bilbo wandered out through a missing slot in the fence and lost his collar in the process?? Those are too many if's right there. Needless to say we were off to the vet on Wednesday afternoon for a Chipping adventure.

The worst part of the whole ordeal??? Dealing with 2 dogs who did NOT want to be at the vet....$120 later I had both dogs chipped.  It was sooooo worth the money to have the peace of mind knowing that if for some reason they did get lost, the chance of them finding their Mama and Daddy fast would be greatly  improved.

Now here is Dory to tell you about the experience!!

Finally Thanks Mama!! As you might imagine..Mama made a video, but did not include the actual shot where they put the chip in. She really wanted to, but ummmmmm Bilbo and I were busy heading for he door while Mama was filling out the papers work.  I did just fine and didn't even noticed when they put my chip in. Bilbo YELPED REAL LOUD when he had his shot...cause he is a drama king!!! Anyways...here is our video, Mama says excuse the shakiness...but filming while trying to stop 2 crazy 
desperate puppies being tortured!


 Don't forget that it is Saturday Pet Blogger Hop Saturday and your name if you want to play!

19 comments:

  1. Ruairi is our little drama king!! The girls hardly seemed to notice it - our Mom cringed when she saw that HUGE needle, but not near as much as she would cringe if one of us were missing. Microchip, tag, tattoo - identify us because we can't talk!!

    XOXO
    Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Ruairi

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a week Dory..microchips are good. Have a happy saturday and look at all those new friends posts!
    benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great PSA message, Dory! We both been chipped so we don't have to worry about going to the vet!

    Have a fun weekend!

    Sam and Pippen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dory, we're chipped, which really puts our FH's mind at rest. Sometimes it's all about the humans! We're glad you've been chipped now - we'd hate to loose touch with you now that we've found you! Schnauzer snuggles - JD and Max.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chips are grrrreat... as long as they aren't chocolate. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see that the chip is now in place. We've hopped over from the Blog Hop and look forward to getting to know you. If you can, stop by and see us!

    Pat
    www.critteralley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad that it went off without a hitch! You are lucky to have a mom who cares so much about you!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the very much important PSA, Dory and Dory's mama. I think I told you already that we're all chippified. Not only might it help us get home faster one day, but if some no good person took us, it would be easy for mom and dad to prove that we belonged with them.

    Plus, now you can tell all your furends that you're a bionic dog!

    Wiggles & Wags,
    Mayzie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh...I thought we were getting tater chips? Does that come with a GPS finder too?

    sniffies,

    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Dory!

    Nice to meet you! I found you through the blog hop. I hopes we can be furiends!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    PeeS I have been chipped!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haaaa!
    Sue Bilbo did not want to go to the Vet!
    Glad you two are now chipped!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great PSA!

    I'm chipped too - a few times I did manage to break/slip a khollar so it would have been the reason I was identified had I not let Mom khatch me -

    Once upon a time, she used to keep TWO khollars on me just in khase on broke AGAIN - but since she's gone to a metal bukhkle, she's stopped THAT khraziness!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the post about microchipping dory! i am gonna tell my momma about it and hopefully she will take me to get microchipped!

    Paws and Licks
    Chewy

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is scary how they can sometimes get out of a very tight collar. I think it's the Hou-dog-ni in all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was micro-chipped when I was a puppy so I don't remember anything. But I thought you were really brave, Dory!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete
  16. YEAH for getting Chipped! You are with the same company as us! I didn't flinch when I was chipped but Bobo yelled like a lil baby. I guess it proves that girls are tough and boys are full of hot air!


    Wags and Licks,
    Mollie Jo & Bobo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey! I have a chip on my shoulder, too! Welcome to the club!

    wif love from the Luke

    P.S. I love your video! The Bilbo was SO NOT feelin it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You were brave Dory...I got my chip when I was asleep getting my big boy operation.

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!