5/20/10

Thursday Thanks!




Happy Thursday!! Time is just FLYING by this week. It must be all the fun times Jacob and I are having chasing squirrels. There are an awful lot of those pesky things this year so we all need to be vigilant in keeping our yards free from these bird food eating critters!! This week we are thankful for our ability to hunt squirrels!


This week I want to say a big thank you to two of my new friends. Maggie Mae, who is the most awesome boxer and is such a fun friend and Chewy, the cutest little Shih Tzu with a little bit of attitude that is also Anna the GSD's boyfriend!! If you haven't met these two yet, go over and say hi!! They both gave me the most cool new award!!!


 Of course.....there are rules...always the rules....
1. Thank the puppy, kitty or person who gave it to you. - Check

2. Share 7 things about yourself. I have decided to share this with Bilbo, Jacob and Mama. All us puppies will take 2 things and Mama can have the last extra thing.

Dory
1. I am on that four letter word that starts with D and ends with T and has an i-e in the middle. Mama thinks I may be overdoing the cookies, of course SHE is the one that gives them to ME.

2.  I may not ALWAYS get along with my new brother Jacob, I am having a little bit of trouble sharing my Daddy with him. But we are all adjusting together.


Bilbo
3. I have a small eating disorder that we are trying to control. I binge when I can...but then I don't eat for a day or two, Mama says we will be "talking to the V-E-T" during my good boy visit next month. I am looking for a good hiding place now....any ideas??

4. I secretly like my little big brother Jacob. I have only had to raise my voice to him once in the past 6 days and he pretty much keeps his nose out of my butt. Dory is right, we are all adjusting .



Jacob
 5. I like to wander. My new hoomas have to watch me very carefully cause if I am not connected to my string or in our backyard I will just wander off and pretend I cannot hear anybody calling me. Mama said something about training...does anyone know what that is??? Should I be scared???

6. I L-O-V-E my new pack. My big sister is like the BESTEST squirrel huntress EVER!!! My big brother is teaching me how to snoopervise the humans and let me tell you  we have the biggest, comfiest pack bed EVER (Mama says it is KING size and does anyone know if there is a bigger size cause her and Daddy can hardly fit in it anymore)!!!

The Mama
7. I am getting ready to jump in and get my college degree after 25+ years of procrastinating.
I am so looking forward to the learning...but am concerned about spending 3-6 hours 2-3 days a week with 18-22 year olds...Should I be scared???

3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and you think are fantastic!! 
OK....only 15, REALLY???
We are going to be rebels here cause:
a-looks like alot of our friends already received this award
and
b-I can't just pick 15 out of all my friends

So please take this award and know that we are so very thankful to have you as friends!

Mama says this is a "Cop -Out" but I say phewy to Mama!! 
I, Dory, say I am part Sibe like Khyra and Sibes do not HAVE to follow rules!
Mama is giggling for some reason, I have floof on my tail like Khyra Mama, I must be part Sibe!!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



We are also thankful for SHOPPING this week!!
We got to take a trip to my favorite store this week so that we could finish our shopping for our paw it forward gifts!! We want to apologize to Abby and Jack...Mama has been busy doing...ummmm, what HAVE you been doing Mama??? Anyway....as you can see we are putting thing together in boxes and will put them in the mail by Monday!!

The Pittie Pack was waiting to see who their new mailman will be and now that they known I can go to my favorite store AGAIN to go shopping for pressies!! Hurrah!! We will also get Jacob a I.D. taggie why we are out!

Mama made a video (Surprise!!!)


Pittie Pack, we will have your pressies on their way next week!!

27 comments:

  1. Wooos Dory and company! Congrats on the award and it was so interesting reading all of those things about woo. Mom says to tell woo Mom it was cool going back to school after soooooo many years..... The other kids treated her great and she was really smarter now than when she was 18, so she got all A's and graduated with honors!Good luck and GO for IT!
    ~husky kisses~
    -Kira The BeaWootiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dory,
    I am so happy that you likes your award! Thanks to all of you for being my new furiends!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    PeeS My mom went back to school after ALOT of years...she said it was one of the bestest thing that she has ever done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Dory, as adorable as ever!
    Thursday I'm thinking of you and I'm glad I have time to visit you today.
    Welcome your new brother Jacob and congrats on your Award.
    I did visit your new friends Maggie mae and Chewy as you asked me to. They have nice blogs which I liked very much.
    Love y'all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your well deserved award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your Award and good work with the tag.
    Thank dogness your guys are keeping an eye on the pesky squirrel problem your side of the Big P.
    Tell your mom not to worry about going back to college - learning is a life long skill and our mum returned to college when she was older and did well.
    love
    Martha and Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many cool facts to know about you all...and Mom's going back to school! Good for you, it's never too late!
    What are you going to study?
    Hugs and belly rubs to the pups,
    Kit

    ReplyDelete
  7. Khongrats on the pawesome award and fur showing your inner AND outer Siberian self -

    It would appear Jacob is one too!

    Way to go to your mom! I'm sure they'll treat her furry well - and if not, woo khan have a chat with them!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra & Khousin Merdie

    ReplyDelete
  8. gratsers on your shiny award, miss dory!! i'm glad jacob is fitting in with your pack super duper well, too. oh, and isn't it so much fun to make and send pressies! me and asa and mama looove going to the petsmart to pick out stuff 'n thingies! :)
    *woof*
    the booker man

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your Award!
    And thanks for sharing all those things about you!
    Hurray for your mom going back to school!
    I am sure you chose pawesome presents!
    Kisses and hugs
    Lorenza

    ReplyDelete
  10. To YOUR mom from MY mom:
    You will LOVE going back to get your degree. I was 27 (Not 87) when I started my first classes. I found the "youngsters" to be quite charming. There were a couple of us "non-traditional" students that started together. Only 3 of us finished though. I managed to do the full 4 year program in only 3 years because I took OVERLOADS and attended classes at 4 branches and the Main campus.
    Smartest move I ever made.
    Thank you Frankie for allowing me to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hee hee hee! We did a Thanks Thursday post too and gave you the same award!!!
    Congrats to the three of you! I loved learning more about you. And there's room in my favorite hiding place (under the dining room table) if you need a good place!
    Love,
    Ammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on that pawesome award, Dory, Bilbo, and Jacob. It was so fun reading all the interesting things on your list. Tell your Mom there is nothing to be worried about. Mom says she will be surprised at how many not so young peeps will be in her classes - she will do just fine. And we are very impressed by her ambition. Hats off to her.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the blog - your pups are too cute! my mom is going to school online right now and she says it's not too bad. I like to sit with her while she does her work. mind if we add you to our blog list?
    Rebecca and Daisy Mae

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the award... and congrats to mama for deciding to go back to school for the degree... way to go! :)

    Licks, hero

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well two things:
    I think training is where you get to ride on the train and go on a nice vacation.

    And, way to go MOM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool award. Hop you are showing Jacob how to catch squirrels. You guys look so cute out there. Hope you had fun
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  17. hello dory its dennis the vizsla dog hay congratchoolayshuns!!! and thank yoo!!! i wuz gitting a littel short on awards for this weeks sunday awards and meem show!!! ok bye

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the award you guys! Dory, we think you look great but if your Mama says you need to go on a diet...well, I guess Mama always knows best. Bilbo, how about trying to hide under the bed, in the corner where no one can reach you?:) Jacob, we're so glad that you are so happy with your new pack.:) And Mama, we think it's pawesome that you are going back to college! We know you'll do great!

    Love,
    Teddy Bear

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mom we are very proud of you for taking the plunge to further your education!!! Good luck and we are here to support you!!! Mom works in education and has seen many 'older' students start just like you. The young ones will be very accepting and you will actually be an inspiration to them.
    Happy Weekend to you all and the K9 pack.
    Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your Thursday things! And tell your mom she will do great!!! My Mr. Jason was a "non-traditional" student (took him about 17 years to finish that college degree), and he'll be learning to be a Doctor this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your award!! We are so glad that Jacob is fitting right into the family!

    Woofs and Kisses!
    The Fiesty Three

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations
    on your lovely award :-)

    Have a Happy Weekend
    Kareltje & Anya
    =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  23. There is always a time of getting used to new siblings...foster or permanent. You will get into a routine soon.


    Wags and Licks,
    Mollie Jo & Bobo

    Pee Ess: We loved seeing the wubba animals...we don't have those here and they look quite fun to play with. Did you find those at Petsmart?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Dory!
    I found you today thru the Blog Hop and I cannot believe I never came across your cute self until now! Where have I been, anyway? I guess I'll forgive myself since I've only been a blogger since January, but now that I've found you, I've decided to be your newest follower!
    How great that you won a Versatile Blogger Award! I can see why you won because your blog is very entertaining! Frankie gave the very same award to me on Saturday and I feel so honored!
    Hope you'll come by to see all of the pets I take care of thru my pet sitting business! I think you'll enjoy meeting my furry friends!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on your award and very well done to your mum for going back to school! Enjoyed hearing all about the things you like too.
    Wags, Dip Bridge and Elliot xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. GET THOSE SQUIRRELS before they get to far ahead of you!

    We are so happy that you got another award, and we like learning more about our friends through these things.

    Grammy went back after her kids were all grown and out, and got her degree, but she took a LOT of computer (online courses) through a regular college, but she could do the work on her own time... she suggests checking out the "Distance Learning" courses...

    ReplyDelete
  27. DORY! I have super missed you. I was so happy you had a movie so that I could see you in action. How can anybody look at you and not have good thoughts. I think you smile all the time.

    Tell mama not to worry about the school thing. She is much smarter than those idiot 18 year olds and will learn much faster than them.

    Slobbers,
    Mango

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!