9/19/16

Debate Tuesday!!

 Howdy and welcome to our first official Fall 
Debate Tuesday!!
This week Christmas came up with some great questions!!


For those who are new to Blogville, what are your basic goals you wish to achieve if you become mayor?

Christmas: My overall goal for Blogville is to make sure it’s a personable place where everyone feels welcome and everyone fits in. That’s the way to make sure everybody has a happy life in Blogville. I also aim to make sure everyone feels involved and can get involved. As I do now, I’ll always be hosting parties, activities, and doing Q & A posts to make sure everyone has opportunities to be involved, have fun, and get themselves out there. There will always be a way to be an active Blogville citizen and meet new friends!

Arty: Like Christmas, I also hope to help Blogville stay a place where effuryone  feels at home.  I want it to a place where we can keep in touch with old furiends plus meet new furiends.
If elected, I will also strive to expand the diversity of Blogville by including the Catosphere in more of our activities, along with our feathered, reptile, fish, crustacean and amphibian friends! 



What will your office or other working space look like if you’re elected into office, and how will you use it?

Christmas: If I become mayor, my working space will be a luxurious office with neutral colors on the walls and a dark, rich wood desk to do my blogging and my paperwork on. There will also be a comfy chair that my campaign manager/running mate Oreo and I will take turns sitting on while the other one of us does work. We’ll also take turns each day doing Starbucks runs. No, I don’t have any green papers of my own, but my momma does so I’ll just take them from her. Do not tell! Oh, and impawtant interviews, meetings, and maybe occasional pawties could take place in our office.

Arty: I am really fond of the existing Mayor's office, and, if elected (apart from putting a few pictures of my ocean on the wall) the only change would be putting a cute purple desk (for the cutest Vice Mayor ever) across from mine in the Mayor's Office!



What does your campaign slogan say about your run for mayor?

Christmas: My campaign slogan is “Wag More, Bark Less”. That means instead of barking out orders or being bossy, I’ll be an encouraging, personable leader to my friends. I’ll also encourage others to encourage others. You get the point.

Arty: Our slogan is "Keeping Blogville Fun". We hope to keep the fun in Blogville going by helping to organize or assist in the organization of pawties and events.


How did you choose a running mate, and how does he/she help your campaigns and other efforts?

Christmas: My running mate is Oreo. He was originally my campaign manager (and still is), helping me out with our “Around The World in 87 Days” world tour. He brings lots of humor, goofiness, and mischief to our tour, and his organizational skills and contact skills really come through with our tour. He makes a pawsome running mate and a pawsome friend, and he’s always willing to go on a Starbucks run. Oreo also lets me taste his Caramel Frappuccinos sometimes. He’s just an amazing friend with lots of talent and personality, so I have no regrets when it comes to choosing a running mate!

Arty: My running mate is Mabel from the Idaho Pug Ranch. She is also the special girl in my life. Don't worry, when we are working it is all business. Mabel has her CGC and has been competing, qualifying for her Rally Novice Title and has won first and second place ribbons! If elected,  she will bring lots of intelligence, organization and beauty to Blogville City Hall!
 

Name five people and/or animals who have kept you going and inspired you throughout the election months.

Okay, let me see... 1. My mom inspires me to keep blogging, gives me food and water which I need to live and keep blogging, she’s the one who takes me for my daily walks so I have time to exercise and relax, and she’s the one who puts up with me taking her money so I can go on more Starbucks runs. 2. Oreo has done so much to make tour days absolutely pawsome and he adds lots of joy, humor, and Starbucks to my life. 3. Arty keeps me going by not only being a tough competitor, but an encouraging friend. I’m pretty sure he also likes Starbucks, so that’s another reason to like him. Okay, I think I’m a little too addicted to Starbucks. 4. My readers always leave the sweetest of comments and are always BOLing with me and smiling with me. 5. Lexi, the former candy date who earned her wings not too long ago, always did inspire me and I continue to be inspired by her. She was all for peace, and she brought peace. My entire candidacy and reign as mayor (if I become mayor of course) is in her honor.

Arty: What a great question!! Here we go...

1-Mama, because without her there would be no treats...and without treats...well, I don't even want to think about that!! 

2-Dory helped paved the way for this blog and well, everything about it! She also encouraged me to go into pawlitics! 

3-Murphy and Stanley, Frankie and Madi and all of Blogville have taught, by example, what Blogville is all about. Without your input and participation, Blogville would never have turned in to the place it is today!

4-Mabel...*sigh*.....because well, not only is she the cutest Idaho Pug in all the world, she is also a very smart (CGC, Rally Queen) and supportive running mate. She and her Mama have been so very supportive and helpful during the campaign!! 

5-Christmas and Angel Lexi...Blogville campaigns are all about "Keeping it Friendly" and Christmas and Lexi are/were the best running mates EVER!! If elected (and I am sure Christmas feels the same way),  Lexi's portrait will furrever hang in the Blogville City Hall.


 
  
What Questions do you have for the candy dates?? 
Next week Mabel and I (Arty) will be putting together some questions but...in TWO WEEKS we'll be answering your questions!! 

20 comments:

  1. Great questions and pawsome answers!
    This election is soooooo cool!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent questions and answers!! This is going to be one tight race!! It is SO hard to decide! Very exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    OMD you two - this is like hyooman polytix where the two parties are walking the same strut, but in different styles; crikey, it's gonna be a close-run thing methinks! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of fun...fun is one of my favorite things, but I am a bit worried about including more cats. I feel like cats are trying to rule the dog world. Please dig carefully on that issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bravo bravo bravo standing ovation Arty and Christmas your answers were spot on, well thought out and fun!!! It for sure takes all our furiends to keep us going
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  6. widly clapping and standing O while waving a I Love Arty and Mabel sign

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I am so impressed by the standard of debate in these Blogville elections.
    Certain human politicians could learn a lot...
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a strong start to the fall debates! Maybe the fourth week we can do a Running Mate Edition?

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh that was interesting... I loved your answers!!! ... and the mama ponders about a purple desk for my office now...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great questions and the answers are even Better!!!! Have lots of fun together!!! Good Luck! I love you beautiful picture too!
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Q and A session, Arty! We learned a lot.
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was a great debate you both answered the questions really well. Arty my sweet, you had me blushing and I think a purple desk would be just fab!
    hugs
    your gal and running mate
    Mabel

    Pee Es
    you look very handsome today!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, it will be really hard to choose because you both have such great answers! Can you not both of you become mayor??

    Brom (currently in Austria)

    ReplyDelete

  14. All the candidates did a pawsome job answering all the questions.
    Yeah Starbucks for everyone.
    xo Astro
    PS do I have to register to vote?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those sure are some great questions and some wonderful answers. So just how are we all supposed to decide which one we want. I think it should be a joint mayorship. You are both have great answers. Love the debate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for answering all those questions. We think Christmas has a little obsession with Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It will be so hard to choose. Both of the candy dates are my furrends and all four would do good jobs.
    Louis Dog Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ap-paw! Ap-paw! Great answers to some really ruff questions. Thanks for keeping it clean.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great job! Arty, I love your answer about including more kitties and feathered friends in all the blogville activities! Both candidates did a Great Job!

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!