9/21/16

Thursday Travel Tails - New Mexico

 Welcome to Thursday Travel Tails!
 



 This week....
I, Black Jack Arty, Fastest (Pee)Shooter in the Southwest, will be telling you all about my adventures in New Mexico!!


Starting with the rest areas!!
I must say, the rest areas in New Mexico were pretty nice. Notice in the rest area above, they had a fenced area where I could run around LEASH FREE!! It was sooo nice to run around without having to worry about Mama pulling on the leash, or stopping to take pictures! I tell you, that woman can be a handful!!
Anyway, I digress, this is the only rest area we have seen in the many states we visited that a this type of area.  
From Mama: I usually wouldn't let Arty off leash in a "dog park situation", but there were no other dogs in the area and it was pretty clean!


 Although some of the rest areas had dusty dirt, most also had grassy areas to walk around in (like the one behind me in this picture). The grass was refreshing to my toesies after a VERY long time in the car (I may have been a tad bit tired and grumpy in these photos).



 We even saw our first alien at a rest area.  Here is the Metal Chicken from Planet Henpicked! 
Be afraid....be very very afraid!!


 Mama and I always thought of New Mexico as desert-y area(and not in the greenies after dinner way) but, even in July,  these beautiful desert willow tree flowers were blooming!
Mama Here-Although the rest areas in New Mexico were clean and safe, they are not climate controlled and on a hot day they collect lots of flies/bugs. As you can tell, the grounds were also very well maintained!


Mama also made a short rest stop at McD's for some delicious French Fries before heading to the hotel!!


While driving through New Mexico on our way to Texas(and again on our way back) we stayed in the Roswell, La Quinta Inn and Suites. Located very close to the aliens and their space ships, I thought this would be a great place to relax and spend the night!



 The beds were very comfy!! Unfortunately, Mama woke me up WAY TOO EARLY when we were there!!


 Something about taking walkies before it got too hot! There was a nice sidewalk and plenty of grass for walking at this LQ!


...and OMD, Mama would not heel at all!! She wanted to constantly stop and take pictures of all the flowers we saw blooming!!
Mama here...this was a lovely LQ, and the newest one we have stayed at to date. The rooms were clean and updated with plenty of outlets. Let me take this time to mention that the one constant at ALL the LQ's where we stayed was the Wireless Internet. I ALWAYS had an excellent connection! I was able to upload pictures, live feed video and read photo intensive blogs with no lag!!


 While we were in New Mexico, I thought it would be a good idea to do some campaigning!
Aliens travel all over the universe, right?? Maybe they can help get my name out there!!

 

  
 I made sure to take advantage of any photo sessions they were ready to sit for! Can't hurt, right???



 New Mexico has some lots of pretty rock and scrub and big beautiful open skies!


 There were lovely mountains and plateaus.



 It was warm, but not too hot, and Mama and I took a couple of walks along the rocks.



 Of course, Mama found some Red Rock close to the New Mexico/Arizona Border. I think she has special radar for Red Rock, Covered Bridges and Lighthouses in her little Mama brain!


 

 
We had a great time driving through New Mexico and socializing with all the aliens. Daddy says he would really like to meet some aliens too, maybe we'll let him tag along next time!!


Next week, I will be back to show you all the fun Mama and I had while we were in Texas!!

 

21 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful photos. I loved New Mexico too and was surprised at how lovely it was driving through the state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My momma has been through New Mexico A LOT (going back and forth to UCLA plus she has family dat lives in Arid-zona). She says her favorite stop are Gallup for Indian jewelry since it are a LOT cheaper dan places like Santa Fe. Yeah, my momma would be all bout da bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow even the aliens are with you and I bet they spread the word even on mars and melmarc :o) I love this area, it is like sitting in a time machine to watch the country... oh I wish I had a prairie schooner to travel through NM :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do get to see some AMAZING places Arty....I'd watch out fur those aliens though, don't want them taking you back to their place!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    Oh Arty, you know I'sa a tad green with jelly at you getting to meet some aliens and stay in that special place!!! Desert definitely has its own kinda beauty, eh? Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scary aliens! Yikes! We've been through New Mexico and found it to be pretty desolate. I guess the one or two cities it has are alright, but not our kind of state. Texas will be more fun I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MOLMOLMOL Arty this cracked me up "and OMD, Mama would not heel at all!!"
    What gorgeous scenery you and your Mama saw...in spite of her running wild.
    My peeps would love to see New Mexico's beauty. We thank you for sharing
    Those aliens sure do come in purrty colors
    Hugs madi your bfff

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell Mama well done for capturing such brilliant landscape and sky photos. And jolly well done to you Arty too, for extending your election campaign into the extra-terrestrial sphere!
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun traveling adventures! I feel ya, Arty, my mom also is NOT good at heel. She is not very well trained!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We always enjoy your wonderful travel photos! We want to go there too now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That New Mexico place is beautiful. Baaaah!! Blackjack Arty
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love, love, love the Blackjack Arty pics! How cool is that? We think we even heard Clint Eastwood saying something! Did you see any of the bad guys from Breaking Bad?

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness Arty, New Mexico looks like a beautiful state to visit. We are really enjoying that you are sharing your site seeing with all of us.
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & mabel

    Pee es
    My heart was pounding for you when you were posing with those aliens!
    You are so brave Black Jack Arty!
    hugs
    Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  14. From one traveller to another: isn't it brilliant? New places to see and explore! I love the red rocks and I think there might be an alien hiding in one: it looks a bit like a person!

    Brom (currently in Austria, but heading for Germany tomorrow)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How COOL! I'll bet you've got the alien vote locked up!
    New Mexico looks like fun. I love that you were able to run around -- trust me, I know how moms and their flashy beasts can be!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  16. Exciting trip. Looks like you should have had a FLAT Arty with you...bwahaahaa! We know all about having to walk with a human anchor! Cramps your style. There should be MORE leash-free parks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sure looks like you had great time on your trip. We loved seeing you campaigning with all those aliens.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mom has never been to New Mexico, but it sure looks nice there. Your Mom may have been mischievous in not heeling well, but she sure did get some awesome photos. Thanks for the tour through New Mexico.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  19. Arty!

    Fantastic adventure! I'm glad I'm not the only one that has problems getting their mom to walk well on leash. If you have any tips and tricks, I'd appreciate it!

    Pippen

    ReplyDelete
  20. They don't call it the Land of Enchantment for nothing! Exquisite photos of some beautiful scenery and those skies, I ALWAYS love NM skies. 💞

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!