7/9/09

A Trip to the Lake - Part 1


So I was doing my regular duties yesterday. You all know, keeping the backyard free from pesky squirrels, taking naps, and Mommy comes home and gives me dinner right away. Nummy, after I ate (girl's gotta eat) I saw Mommy getting the big plastic box down. This sometimes means something good is going to happen. THEN Mommy said the magic words...some of you know them. I don't know about you but the words BYE BYE make me soooooo very happy!

This is my BYE BYE happy dance!

Then Mommy took like furever to put all my stuff and her stuff in the car..

This is me being PAYtient...Come ON Mommy!!

So we get in the magic BYE BYE machine..
Me in the BYE BYE machine. Mommy buckled me up for safety and makes sure we have water and bowls for thirsty puppies.

Then magically we appear at...THE LAKE Wahoo!!!!
This is Lake Travis - It is my Lake
(Mommy says NO...but I go to this lake so it must be MINE)


Gues who is at MY lake, guess guess...
MY DADDY!!!!
He is the one with the yellow back IN THE WATER. Mommy says he is SCUBER DIVIN.


Mommy, Mommy Guess What? Daddy's Here!!

Mommy says to go say hi to Daddy!
I sniff to make sure it's Daddy

Ummmmm....
That is WATER. I do not do water. Mommy says Daddy will come out to see me later and calls me a '"chicken puppy". I igmore her.

Then I hear some puppy...
Who could it be??

RAVEN!!! Raven is a friend that I have grown up with. I have known her since I was itty bitty
Look Bell, her butt is flying too and she is all growed up!!

Raven has good smiley faces too!
What should we do Raven??

Raven likes to swim and fetch...in. the. WATER!!!
I wish I was a big dog sometimes. Then maybe I wouldn't be fraid of the water

I kept Raven's Mommy company
I find the shade. It is VERY hot outside.

Raven does SHAKY all over
I don't know how she could like all that WATER on her...eeewwwwww


Time to go back up the mountain Mommy
There are lots of stairs...and Mommy is SO SLOW

Mommy says my lake needs water
Mommy says the water usually covers all the rock.

That is why we have to walk up the mountain
Such a long way up!!

Time to Chillax
Mommy says that tomorrow we can tell you about my walk at the lake!!


14 comments:

  1. Wow, nice to meet you - looks like a fabulous time at the lake! I would have liked that, too.

    Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dory,

    Wow, what a pretty lake with nice blue water! I don't like to swim either but I'm sure you had fun just being at the lake. Your friend is like my brother Ziggy with the shaking the water thing all over the place. Can't wait to hear about your mountain climbing!

    Pedro

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paws up to you Dory for staying away from that evil water. That looked like so much fun. What was your Daddy doing in there? Tell him to get out of the evil water! I like your friend Raven, old friends are so cool. I can't wait to read more about your cool day.

    licks and sniffs, Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raven and I could play together at the lake if the tall guy would bring me! You do not need to be afraid of the water - your mom will jump in and save you if she needs to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was such a lovely post Dory. We loved seeing your lake and imagine your Daddy was there!
    Who would have thought you would then see your friend Raven.
    That was the best adventure and we have more to come.
    We are not so keen on the water although we do go in.
    You could try just putting your paws in but not too deep!
    love
    Martha & Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dory, Mom says she's been to that lake! But she hasn't taken me :o(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that looks like SO much fun!!! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!

    What a fun time woo had!

    I khan't wait to see Part 2!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a totally fun place to go. I am with you Dory that water stuff isn't my thing either.

    -Mollie Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're not a chicken dog - you're just a girl who likes to keep her coiffure in place. Water ruins one's 'do. (I'm a big dog, and I'm still not so keen on the water thing.... It all gets back to my hair - I don't like being a wet flat-head!)

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Dory,

    What a fun place to visit! I bet there are all kinds of things to sniff there. I'm glad your friend could play with you today. I wouldn't want to get in the water either.

    Congrats on the award!

    Wags & wiggles,
    Bijou

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun! We enjoyed reading about your really cool trip the your lake. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Lots of treats,
    Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a gorgeous lake - our mommy does that scuba stuff too - we take to boat out and hang out by the lighthouse while she dives

    raven looks like a ton of fun we would have been swimming with her

    looks like a wonderful trip cant wait to hear more

    Woodrow, Sweetie & MJ

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vampires is not at all like in the movies or books. Sure, I understand. You are young you have the whole world open to you. You can be anything that you choose if you apply yourself and try hard to work toward that goal. But being a Vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, But how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity, I can help you solve any problem you are having
    (1) If you want your ex back.
    (2) If you want to stop having bad dreams.
    (3) You want to be promoted in your office.
    (4) You want women/men to run after you.
    (5) If you want a child.
    (6) You want to be rich.
    (7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
    (8) If you need financial assistance.
    (9) If you want to stop your divorce.
    (10 If you want to divorce your husband.
    (11) If you want your wishes to be granted.
    contact the Vampires Lord on his Email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

We love to read your peemails!!